Album Artist showing Artist instead incorrectly [#16263]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

mark.coyle1969

Album Artist showing Artist instead incorrectly [#16263]

Post by mark.coyle1969 »

Updated to 2220 today and it seems Album Artist field in Music collection view is picking up the Artist field instead.

I initially had a lot of crashes but seems okay now apart from this so far.
Barry4679

Re: 2220 - Album Artist showing Artist instead incorrectly

Post by Barry4679 »

mark.coyle1969 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:17 pm Updated to 2220 today and it seems Album Artist field in Music collection view is picking up the Artist field instead.
I see this also. I went back to 2219, and it seemed to be happening there also.

The AlbumArtist node is now just replicating the contents of the Artist node.

Also a couple of weird things relating to the Various Artists tag. ... Both of these nodes show an artist with name of Various Artists, which seems to contain my tracks with AlbumArtist tag = "Various Artist", so maybe these nodes combine both Artist and Album Artist tags? ... But the thing is that I also have other composite Album Artist tag values, eg. "Various - Jazz" and "Various - Classical" ... MM5 is not showing an artist with either of these names? ... why? ... surely you are not treating a AA tag == "Various Artists" as a special hard coded case? ... Or is there some MM5 option that I have missed where a person can specify the Album Artist tag(s) that they have assigned to their composite albums?

Another strange thing is that the info you display for the artist named "Various Artists" is in some language that I don't recognise. Google thinks Finnish? ... all other artists seem to be OK.

And the image that you display for this "artist" is of someone called Torsten Pröfrock; who seems to be a German label owner, and my music collection contains no tracks by either him, nor from his label?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks for reporting, it seems that the regression was reintroduced in 2220, workaround is to enable "Column filter" or use "Show all subnodes" config, but this degrade performance.
Anyhow will be fixed as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 982#c54955 in 2221

Otherwise the "Artists" node is supposed to show both artists+album artists in MM5 (replaces MM4's "Artists & Album Artists" node)
"Album artists" should show album artists only (like in MM4 and MM5 prior to 2220)

As for the incorrect info for "Various Artists", tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16263
mark.coyle1969

Post by mark.coyle1969 »

Thanks that's helpful. The Album Artists node is especially helpful, so glad to fix this in the next beta.