[SOLVED] GPM sync is effectively broken [#16276]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

[SOLVED] GPM sync is effectively broken [#16276]

Post by Barry4679 »

The duration of the initial sync of a GPM library (only include matching content, and do not download track contents) has blown out to where it it is not currently fit for use.

It seems to be taking approx 1/3 seconds per track ... so what was a 9 minute job is now 5+ hours.

Once I noticed this, I turned run the Debug Logger for a while. Much of the delay seems to be due to waiting for a db lock
DB lock took 266 ms : DELETE FROM DeviceTracks WHERE ((DevicePath=? AND DevicePath <> '') OR (SyncID=? AND SyncID<>'')) AND IDDevice = ?
A similar thing for the same query, for every track.

I left it running overnight ... logging turned off

It didn't complete. You excelled yourself with this diagnostic message ... all you have to do is look for, and fix, something "unknown". :D
No log. No attempt to dispatch a crash dump to you.

? Maybe my PC's power plan caused this ... it is set to sleep after 2 hours inactivity.

I restarted the job in the morning and it ran for a further 2 hours, and completed OK

I have debug logs if you need them, but I suspect that you don't.
Last edited by Barry4679 on Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Re: 2220 - GPM sync is effectively broken

Post by Ludek »

Thanks for reporting Barry, I will look into it, tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16276
Barry4679

Re: GPM sync is effectively broken [#16276]

Post by Barry4679 »

Initial GPM sync slowdown fixed
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.