Column Filter Issues [#16335]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Davo

Column Filter Issues [#16335]

Post by Davo »

1. Drag & drop - after adding two columns to the filter (Conductor & Composer) I am unable to move them.

2. Column changes do not persist after filter is turned off & then on again.

3. Adding columns - It would be easier if you could select the actual column you want to add. At present it seems to automatically load the 'rating' column, then you have to go back to the context menu to select the field you really want.
David

Re: Column Filter Issues

Post by Barry4679 »

Davo wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:18 pm 1. Drag & drop - after adding two columns to the filter (Conductor & Composer) I am unable to move them.
I think that you will find that you can D&D the columns, but you need to drag further than you may expect.

In MM4, there was an indication when you had dragged to a drop zone.

MM5 has nothing, although when you start the drag, it seems to nudge its neighbour off its current position slightly, and as you drag further it snaps back into position ... maybe this is the signal that you are over a drop zone?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Davo

Post by Davo »

I'm getting a different behaviour to the one you describe.
If i left click any column (other than the 2 new ones) then start to drag, the cursor has an empty square attached. On either of the two new columns the cursor has has a circle with a diagonal line (stop sign) attached and the column cannot be dropped. No matter how far you move it.
David

Post by Barry4679 »

Davo wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:17 am I'm getting a different behaviour to the one you describe.
If i left click any column (other than the 2 new ones) then start to drag, the cursor has an empty square attached. On either of the two new columns the cursor has has a circle with a diagonal line (stop sign) attached and the column cannot be dropped. No matter how far you move it.
I can't replicate that.
The cursor with the empty square indicates that you have begun a drag and drop operation.
And the stop sign cursor indicates that you have strayed into outside available drop zones.
I do see it if I drag too high (ie. above the title bar), and it flashes on as I pass each of the minute separators between the columns.

Though I presume that what you are seeing is caused by something I haven't been able to trigger.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I am also unable to replicate the issues.
Davo

Post by Davo »

I can replicate.
1. Add 2 columns (composer & conductor)
2. Attempt to drag & drop the new columns
David

Post by Davo »

2. Column changes do not persist after filter is turned off & then on again.
I can consistently replicate this ??
Where to from here?
David

Post by Ludek »

I couldn't replicate any yeasterday, but now I can at least replicate the column persistence issue consistently,
to be fixed as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16335