Downloading from GPM hangs MediaMonkey

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

MisterFlix

Downloading from GPM hangs MediaMonkey

Post by MisterFlix »

When I try to sync GPM with the option "Download 'Google Play Music' content that is not accessible locally," MM5 hangs after reading the metadata of all songs.
An error report was created (74744D52), and MM seems to continue running in the background, as the same error report reappears after a short while.
Barry4679

Re: Downloading from GPM hangs MediaMonkey

Post by Barry4679 »

I checked MM5 GPM downloads with version 2229 to see if they broken here too.

GPM download still works for me, but the process seemed to bog down the MM5 more than I remember before.
I tried pausing the download queue, so make sure that the problem was caused by the download process.
Queue paused, but I got this dump ... Had to force close MM5.

I re-requested the download. It started again (the wheel started spinning, ... tracks started arriving) , but the Downloads node did not re-appear in the Media tree. I folded to close the node immediately above where it should have appeared (ie. I closed the Pinned node) ... the Pinned node disappeared also. .. ???

I let the (invisible) download complete ... closed and restarted MM5 ==> the Pinned node re-appeared.

====================

MisterFix,

while they find the cause of your issue, you could try workaround as follows .. I don't know if all steps are necessary, but this is what works for me:
  • sync any MM<=>GPM track matches ... ie. update your MM tracks with the GPM track ID's ... using these settings
  • then open your GPM library in MM5 ... click the All Tracks icon you can see in the illustration linked to above ... takes a minute, while it downloads the track dictionary from your GPM library
  • setup the MM5 Column Filter, in the display that opens, as shown above. ... The settings, from top to bottom, in the Source Column are:
    • "download" = tracks that you have already downloaded from GPM
    • "link" = tracks that are only in your GPM library ... ie. tracks that you can download
    • "drive" = tracks that were already in both MM and also in your GPM library ... ie. where MM5 sync process has matched these together, and has updated your MM database with the GPM track location, so that you can play the GPM tracks using MM, or use MM to make GPM playlists that use from your phone etc, to stream from GPM
  • so filter to source = "link" to browse what you may download ... select some tracks or albums, and then use the Download option from the right click menu
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Re: Downloading from GPM hangs MediaMonkey

Post by Ludek »

Thanks for reporting, I see your crash logs (74744D52, CB59A9B6) here and going to look into them.