Media Files Update and Track Meta Data

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

serendip1959

Media Files Update and Track Meta Data

Post by serendip1959 »

When the database is updated the media file is updated, even if the changes are not stored in tags (for example last played and play count). This causes the media to be re-synced back to the device even though the media is already on the device. I noticed when syncing my iPhone that the tracks updated with play count and last played were being synced back onto the device. Upon checking, the file modified date is being changed.

I noticed, but can't say when it occurred, that track metadata (rating and play count) became changed affecting about 5% of all tracks. Tracks with 5* became 3*, some 2* became 4*. Tracks with a correct play count of <10 acquired a play count of 70+. As I have only just noticed this I can't attribute it to an event.
Lowlander

Re: Media Files Update and Track Meta Data

Post by Lowlander »

Which build? I'm not seeing this.

Note that you may also have Lyrics or Artwork lookup happening which is a tag change.
serendip1959

Re: Media Files Update and Track Meta Data

Post by serendip1959 »

Background meta data lookup was un-checked, but auto tagging was checked.

Turned off auto-tagging. Played a track on the device, synced back to MM. Track was shown in the syncing status as being synced to device.

Restarted MM, played track on device, synced back to MM, track shown in sync status as being synced to device.

Checked file modified date - changed to current time.