album artist inline panel can be incorrect [#16474]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

album artist inline panel can be incorrect [#16474]

Post by Barry4679 »

I have observed this situation multiple times. That album belongs to Craig Finn, not Cleo Laine.

I browsed to a new artist via clicking an albumartist. The heading of the inline panel updated, ant the list of albums was refreshed, but is the wrong album artist. ... It shows albums from an albumartist that I have previously browsed to, but it not the current artist.

I have triggered this error a dozen times this morning. ... I can't trigger it at will. ... I have formed, and then disproved, multiple theories. ... It does seem to happen more often after scrolling the main panel, so that the current display is off-screen, and then clicking through a few album artists relatively quickly.

Workaround: The panel is refreshed correctly if you move the cursor out of the main panel.

I caught a debug log for this situation, and PM'd it to Ludek. ... I think it shows the situation shown in the image linked to above.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Peke

Re: 2234 - album artist inline panel can be incorrect

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If you click on album properties what is listed on Artist/Album artist/Original Artist?

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Peke wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:58 am If you click on album properties what is listed on Artist/Album artist/Original Artist?
Hi Peke, I didn't check that, but am very sure that it would be as expected. The reason for that is because when I move the cursor, out of the main panel window, the panel is refreshed again, this time showing the correct set of albums.

Have you tried triggering the issue yourself? It is not an isolated data corruption problem. I managed to trigger it about dozen times, each time with different album artists. It just takes a little persistence.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Sadly I cannot find any way how to reproduce it even with your older DB, and I cannot see any reason for such strange behavior. In case you will find some steps, how to reproduce it more frequently, let us know.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Barry4679 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:23 am Have you tried triggering the issue yourself? It is not an isolated data corruption problem. I managed to trigger it about dozen times, each time with different album artists. It just takes a little persistence.
I have not tried all 7k of my artists in library, but on those I have tested I can't replicate, except where Album properties show wrong or Multi Artists
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

MiPi wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:57 am Sadly I cannot find any way how to reproduce it even with your older DB, and I cannot see any reason for such strange behavior. In case you will find some steps, how to reproduce it more frequently, let us know.
Come on guys ... this like trying to run through mud sometimes ... apologies if any of you are female.

The steps to reproduce are as I originally posted ... btw, Ludek gets all bent out of shape if I write too much ... and if I write too little ... ?
Barry4679 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:55 pm I browsed to a new artist via clicking an albumartist. The heading of the inline panel updated, ant the list of albums was refreshed, but is the wrong album artist. ... It shows albums from an albumartist that I have previously browsed to, but it not the current artist.

I have triggered this error a dozen times this morning. ... I can't trigger it at will. ... I have formed, and then disproved, multiple theories. ... It does seem to happen more often after scrolling the main panel, so that the current display is off-screen, and then clicking through a few album artists relatively quickly.
here is a link to a video ... the issue happened twice within 1 minute of looking.

I think is an issue is either triggered from some glitch in the async background processes within MM5, or more likely to be some error in how you are caching album art, rather than any issue within my database. ... I shut and re-opened MM5, and re-navigated to the album artists who showed problems ... there were no problems this time.

some bumbling around ... but things to watch for
  • navigated to Album Artist sub-node in Grid view ... viewed some album artist level in-line panels
  • 0:45 view in-line panel for Page & Plant
  • scrolled window
  • 0:50 viewed album artist = My Morning Jacket ... everything good so far
  • 0:51 viewed Nat "King Cole" ... WRONG ... the inline panel has the Nat King Cole heading, but shows the Page & Plant album again
  • at 0:58 I tried to drill down into the 2nd level inline album display, but it is unavailable
  • 1:05 visited Nat "king" Cole again ... everything OK now
  • some screwing around while I navigated back to Page & Plant ... ended up by using the Contextual Search facility
  • 1:25 Found Page & Plant ... album is still screwed up ... is shows a Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazelwood album now
  • 1:34 Open the View contextual menu from the tool bar .... just opening the menu refreshes the display, and is OK now
  • 2:12 Show track properties ... tags appear to be OK
  • ps: the error was also triggered between 0:23 and 0:28, but I got distracted, and missed it ... re-displayed The Stills_Young Band album, instead of those from The Rolling Stones.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Barry4679: thanks a lot. Your video really helped, it seems it needs quite exact timing, I reproduced it finally using your sequence and speed of clicking and scrolling. Tracked as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16474
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

MiPi wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:51 am Tracked as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16474
Good, thanks for keeping me in the loop MiPi.
2) scroll up, click some artist A2, and then click next artist A3 on the same line, just before popup of A2 is shown -> it shows albums of A1 sometimes
To clarify a small point; I do see (briefly) the albums from A2. Maybe was too quick for the video recording s/w to register what was displayed.