Running Multiple Instances of MM5

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

malkierian

Running Multiple Instances of MM5

Post by malkierian »

So I'm trying to debug a script, and I don't want to have to reload my main run of MM5 constantly, especially since there are going to be crashes and I want to listen to my music while I'm doing this. I have two separate folders of the same version of MM5, and was wondering if it was possible to allow for each portable installation to run concurrently.
Barry4679

Re: Running Multiple Instances of MM5

Post by Barry4679 »

I don't know the answer to your question. You can run MM4 & MM5 concurrently, each using their own database. So you could use MM4 for playing while working on your MM5 script.

What's you script going to do. How's it going?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
malkierian

Post by malkierian »

I'm trying to get the old Rich Presence API for Discord to run as a script inside MM instead of the external C# utility I have right now. I'm almost there, just having an issue with websocket translation between Node and browser (using Browserify).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Options > General has the option to allow one instance. If you have it disabled you should be able to run multiple instances.
malkierian

Post by malkierian »

Oh my gosh, how did I miss that before? Man, don't I feel silly now XD. Thanks, Lowlander
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

malkierian wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:27 am I'm trying to get the old Rich Presence API for Discord to run as a script inside MM instead of the external C# utility I have right now. I'm almost there, just having an issue with websocket translation between Node and browser (using Browserify).
Thanks for answer. I just read your thread on the Dev forum.
I don't know enough about the Discord environment to understand the deliverable, but it is good to see that you are out there, bravely at the bow front, breaking through waves for all those who follow. :D
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.