refreshing autoplaylists

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

bdbtbb

refreshing autoplaylists

Post by bdbtbb »

In MM4, my playlists would always refresh each time I clicked on them, producing completely new selections of music every time.

In MM5, the playlists do not refresh until I have played the tracks - as each track is played, the playlist updates only that one track, replacing it with another. Personally, I preferred the behaviour where every list refreshes each time it is selected. The latter behaviour also works better with the practicalities of using device sync - if I sync a couple of playlists to my phone ready for a walk later in the day, but then want to listen to some music at home before going out, the playlists on the computer and in the phone have the same tracks in them! I don't want to listen to the same tunes twice in a day, that's why I make autoplaylists!

Are there any plans to have autoplaylists refresh completely each time they are selected, please?
Lowlander

Re: refreshing autoplaylists

Post by Lowlander »

It does that for me, which build are you on? I can also use F5 to refresh.
bdbtbb

Post by bdbtbb »

That's odd then. I am on 5.0.0.2240.

F5 doesn't do anything for me.

Probably just me missing something, but my autoplaylists are definitely not refreshing their selection.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Were the auto-playlists imported from MM4 or you created new in MM5 ?

To refresh them each time you need to specify e.g.
Selected by: Random track (refresh all)

Like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqhw0ahao34r1 ... 1.png?dl=0

Those imported from MM4 are automatically converted to the '(refresh all)' variants of random selection.
The variants without '(refresh all)' are more static and does not refresh until re-specified.
bdbtbb

Post by bdbtbb »

Hi

Thank you for explaining that - I had not selected the 'refresh all' option. Still learning the ropes I am afraid!

I recreated all my autoplaylists in MM5.

Thanks again.