Some Ideas....

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

ScubbX

Some Ideas....

Post by ScubbX »

Hey,this was EXACTLY the program, ╠ had searched for!!!!
The File-Cache is the best idea. :D
And I cant believe that is`s freeware!!!!

So I have some suggestions,too:

- What about the possibility to let the Artist and Title change with only one short click? You know,like an option that is integrated in the right-mouseButton-menue?

- You can cache the file,if you right-click on it,and select the "cach-option", ONLY when the disk is inserted! Yes,you may say,that this is logically,but: I`ve recognized that the file,that is currently played, seems to be cached,too. So it should be possible to insert a CD, play the mp3, to unload the drive during playing the file(which is already possible),and then cach it....! ?

- Could there be an extra "Lyrics-Window"? So you don`t have to open the Options-Tab,to view the lyrics.

- Is it possible to integrate something like a (guitar) TAB support? I have a huge database of TABs,and it would be soooooo cool, if I could link it to my mp3-database!!

- I don`t know if it`s useful,but:linking a song with a file of any kind? You know, one klick,and a specified file is opended? (picture,text,video,....)

So,I`m sure there are a lot of other things,but I don`t remember them at the moment.... but I think,this is enough :lol:

A really COOL Program!!!!!!
Impossible? Impossible!!
ScubbX

Post by ScubbX »

Hey, I got another idea!
what about changing the font in the Lyrics-Tab to a font with the same space for every letter (i dont remember how its calles in english??).

And is there a more easy way of editting the song properties, explorer-like?You can already do so with the Title, but with the other ones?
Impossible? Impossible!!
jiri

Post by jiri »

1. You mean to switch the content of Artist and Album fields?

2. Songs can be cached only when their media is present and they are played directly from that media, if they are not already cached. You could probably use "Cache later" function, which manages caching from multiple media.

3. I believe it will be solved very well by a stay-on-top window showing properties of the current song (so even lyrics).

4. I don't know too much about guitar tabs. What is necessary - isn't it enough to put them to lyrics?

5. Yes, good idea, I plan to add support for pictures and probably other objects too.

6. You probably mean Courier font - yes it is a good idea - it would be probably helpful.

7. It will be hopefully possible soon to edit other properties too.

Thanks for hints,
Jiri