sorting albums by year under artist view

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

skua

sorting albums by year under artist view

Post by skua »

Would be nice if under the Artists view you could see the list of Album Names sorted by Year... e.g.

Artists
Porcupine Tree
(2000) Lightbulb Sun
(2002) In Absentia

Would also be nice under Database view... instead of only being able to view individual volumes... but to see a sorted list of the entire database in the main window.

In any case... this is a great program. Thanks for making it available as freeware.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Yes, the year will be useful there, I'm going to add it.

By the list of the entire database you mean what is currently in the "Songs" node (which continues in a list of individual letters)? Maybe it belong to that Database node too, but I think it is useless to be in both nodes.

Jiri
skua

clarification

Post by skua »

Right now when I click on Database view I can expand a list of Volumes in the database... and each Volume can be expanded to show a Folder list
(all appearing in the tree) such as:

Database
..... Disc_1
.......... Album Folder 1-1
.......... Album Folder 1-2
.......... Album Folder 1-3
..... Disc_2
.......... Album Folder 2-1
.......... Album Folder 2-2

I was wondering if it would be possible to have the main window (not the tree... I guess that's the 'Songs' node?) show all of the Album Folders contained by the database when you click on Database (without opening individual Volumes) such as:

Database | Album Folder 1-1
............. | Album Folder 1-2
............. | Album Folder 1-3
............. | Album Folder 2-1
............. | Album Folder 2-2

I guess that would be problematic considering the column layout control used in the 'Songs' node... now that I think about it. If that's the case... nevermind! :-)

Thanks!
- skua -
jiri

Post by jiri »

You are right that such kind of thing is a bit problematic (although not impossible). There will be some enhancements in the ways data are presented, maybe even something you mentioned could come.

Jiri