Discussion about the Official Wishlist

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

KJIACC

Supplement to the file monitor and more ...

Post by KJIACC »

Sorry for my English (translated from Russian with the help of google-translator)
I will start from afar.
I take great music server in a large network and connected it as a network drive, added it to the library and included in the file monitor, noting the item "Remove unavailable tracks". Now, if the network drive is temporarily not available, then all tracks are removed from MM and then come back a very long time (several days) to scan a network drive (add to the library). On the other hand, if you disable the item "Remove unavailable tracks", then after some time had a lot to manually delete the unavailable tracks, which really is not on the server, as well as the content server change frequently.
So, wants to file a monitor would be another option as a separate item, with the help of which could automatically remove unavailable tracks except those located in the network or network drives.
In my opinion, this feature is already implemented in some media programs, such as MM. If not mistaken - in the J River Media Center.

Another wish to MM.
It would be very convenient if in the context menu of each track would be the point "Mark this track as played". In some cases, it is very convenient for compiling AutoPlaylists, yes, and for other purposes too.
Win7 x64 Intel Core i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz 3.07 GHz 8 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
4HD: (C:/D:/ - 1TB) (F:/ - 2TB) (G:/ - 2TB) (H:/ - 3TB)
Screen Resolution 1920x1080
MM runs as administrator.
I'm Tired to post messages using google-translator. I look forward to a forum for Russian-speaking users.
ahodarkar

Re: Discussion about the Official Wishlist

Post by ahodarkar »

Please add the ability to also handle photos and videos in ipod....mediamonkey would den completely replace t need for itunes :)
IBleedFordBlue

Post by IBleedFordBlue »

is there any plans for media monkey to expand to be a VID player as well as audio?? and Great Job BTW ....and Blackberry device support would be nice..i can already sync up but it puts all files into one folder under one artist rather than maintaining the same tree as media monkey I. E. artist,album,track and then screws up the album cover to that one artist too all the tracks in there
my current solution is to drag n drop in windows but would rather use Mediamonkey's sync feature if it was fixed to match MM's library settings when sending to a device
thanks for everything i love your program...used it and my decent sized library to DJ a friend's wedding and the results were phenomenal...the fade in/out really made me look like pro thanks
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

IBleedFordBlue wrote:is there any plans for media monkey to expand to be a VID player as well as audio?? and Great Job BTW ....and Blackberry device support would be nice..i can already sync up but it puts all files into one folder under one artist rather than maintaining the same tree as media monkey I. E. artist,album,track and then screws up the album cover to that one artist too all the tracks in there
my current solution is to drag n drop in windows but would rather use Mediamonkey's sync feature if it was fixed to match MM's library settings when sending to a device
thanks for everything i love your program...used it and my decent sized library to DJ a friend's wedding and the results were phenomenal...the fade in/out really made me look like pro thanks
Video is being implemented for MediaMonkey 4.0.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
flacftw

Post by flacftw »

Are there any plans to adding foobar like cue sheet support?
Soturi

Post by Soturi »

I would like to have Tree node "Albums" without name of artist because if you have albums with more than one artist, list will come too long!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

@Soturi
This can already be done with the MagicNodes script.
behaudin - BIH

Post by behaudin - BIH »

I really liked Mediamoneky and simply can no longer imagine listening to music without it. He had one suggestion I would not know if I'm in the right place but if you know where this proposal can be sent forward it. It would be nice to have an option that could be used as Mediamonekey QUIZ - from the files and listen to music that could let the random (and hidden) 10ak sec song introductions and offer 3 answers one of them was ok and so what make us a percentage " Recognition "songs

Sincerely!
Alexddr

Auto-Convert rules based on something other than format/bitr

Post by Alexddr »

For the device sync section

Explained in this threth

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 82#p253082
kertysi22

Post by kertysi22 »

That would be the absolute best thing that could happen to mediamonkey, in my opinion.
fcoulter

Post by fcoulter »

Soturi wrote:I would like to have Tree node "Albums" without name of artist because if you have albums with more than one artist, list will come too long!
When I rip compilation CDs (CDs with multiple artists), I set the Artist tag to the actual artist, and the Album Artist to "Various." If I look at the Album list, each album only appears once. However, if I want to find a song by a person who appears on the compilation CD, they are on the Artist list. You might want to try this.

Or am I misunderstanding your request?

Fred
nrb5

Post by nrb5 »

Not sure if this is on there, but would love to see an auto-update feature. Maybe every time I start it up or in the help menu just have an update button. It would prompt me if I wanted to download the update and it would download it and update media money, then restart it automatically (much like notepad++). No going to the site to see if it is up to date, no downloading an exe and having to go through the entire install process again.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Options > General, check for updates
nrb5

Post by nrb5 »

Oh nice guess it is there. Would be nice to have a manual way to check under help.

Also does that send you a link to the site or just do it all within the program? Cause the other thing that would be nice is to not have to go through the download process on the site (at least if you are a gold for life member).