Whish List

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

jpl

Whish List

Post by jpl »

Hi,

I am very happy with songs-db. I was looking for such application a long time ago. But, I'd like to suggest some features, tell me if you think that it is not the goal of songs-db to do it. And sorry for my poor english.

Query:

Add query on date like comparison on 'last played', so it would be possible to query all songs not played since 1 month, or between two dates.

A great feature could be to save query. In fact, the query item could be expanded with several query like playlist. It'll be possible to create, rename, delete, copy a query and to edit it. The goal is to have some sort of playlist, but dynamic. For exemple, a query named 'old' which have all songs not played since 3 months.

Player:

With a playlist, or un dynamic query, it would be very nice to save some player configuration, like Eq, volume, shuffle on/off, plugin (dsp and out). For exemple, I have a out plugin to crossfade music, but it is awfull for classical music. The best is to save plugin configuration too, but I think it is very difficult because each plugin could have a different way of saving configuration?

Playlist:

I like to play playlist with ramdom order, but with classical music, there is a lot of album that use track instead of index, and there is no sense to play in shuffle mode. Is it possible, in a playlist, to group some tracks in a sequential order and play it in the same order even if shuffle mode is on ?

BTW:

Do you know if there is a program which scan MP3, compute BPM and store it in the ID3 tag BPM of the MP3?

Bye, and thank you again for your application.
Sorry for my english, ask me again if you can understand me very well.
Jp.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Query: Yes, I plan to make something like this, some kind of dynamic (or automatic) playlists. It will take some time, but it will be there. An option to test "last played" field will be added too.

Player: You are right, it's not simple, but the idea is good and maybe it will
appear in Songs-DB in the future.

Playlist: Again an interesting idea, maybe in the future :-)

BPM: Try Google to find it. I tried to find it few months ago, because it would be great to add it to Songs-DB, but without success. Seems that there are just those based on clicking on the space key.

Regards,
Jiri
jpl

Post by jpl »

For BPM, DJ-Helper (http://members.tripod.com/to_skripto/dj-helper/) do it automatically, but it is an winamp plugin so it cannot scan MP3, and also it save BPM in the ID3 comment field with other info (cue point).