wishing for an adjustable playback gap

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

wishing for an adjustable playback gap

Post by Guest »

some gapless playback just begs for a slight pause. a slider for between 0 to 2 seconds would be really nice. or a dropdown with 0, 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 would work.
GeraldB

Re: wishing for an adjustable playback gap

Post by GeraldB »

I support this. The present gap is too brief for me.
Can't afford a signature.
agea

A silence/pause/gap please between tracks

Post by agea »

I strongly support this. Would be great if a standard amount of silence between tracks could be set [0-5 sec], skipping the silence at the end/beginning of a track.
I tried this with scripts but it interferes too much with the way MM handles the change to the next track.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

go to the options then go to output plugins then select the direct sound output plugin. then configure it. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rovingcowboy wrote:go to the options then go to output plugins then select the direct sound output plugin. then configure it. :D
That will adjust the crossfade between tracks, but these users are wishing for a configurable gap length (ie choose how much silence falls between each track).
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

oh too fast on the reply i guess this time sorry about that.
:oops:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
redelephant

Post by redelephant »

I'd like to add my vote for the player to include an adjustable gap between tracks. I expected this to be a standard feature, but after much searching found this thread, so I guess not.....
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

redelephant wrote:I'd like to add my vote for the player to include an adjustable gap between tracks. I expected this to be a standard feature, but after much searching found this thread, so I guess not.....
I'm not aware of other media players that support an adjustable gap between tracks (so not sure why you'd expect it standard) but I agree it could be a nice feature.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Ian Wheeler

Post by Ian Wheeler »

Strongly support this. A set gap between tracks is standard on other players such as itunes (and on the original albums !). Of course some albums are designed for the tracks to run into each other so set gap does not suit. Therefore gap adjustable for album would be good.

hoping and thanks
danno1943

Post by danno1943 »

I also was amazed to find that this is not an included feature. It's a BIG drawback to MM. I should have a way to insert a gap between each track on certain audio playlists, where each track is a separate song or separate movement on classical albums which I've copied to my HD.
Abrazos

Post by Abrazos »

Absolutely necessary when using MM for djing. Dancers really get thrown when one track melds into the next with no expectation!
tangueras

Post by tangueras »

It should be possible with a script that plays a predefined track (n sec of silence after each track in the playlist. Read the playlist, insert the silence track, rewrite the playlist. For us Milonga DJs, a further addition: to insert another predefined track (cortina) after each n tracks so we can define the tandas (Sets)! So where do we find the variable list for MM?

Post by Guest »

While it would be nice to be able to adjust the gap, it seems to me that the default gap as it is set is just too short.

Is there a possibility of simply growing the default gap in a forthcoming iterative build.

I love pretty much everything else about MM Gold, but this may actually drive me to another player with inferior management tools but without this key problem. Albums and playlists just sound weird with the tracks cramped together.
anon.

Post by anon. »

This would be a very handy feature indeed. Not all albums are meant to be heard gapless. A few seconds in between tracks to help you digest the previous track is necessary in some cases. Currently, I use the "stop after current" feature at times, but it gets tiresome clicking on the next song again and again.
kmenzel

Post by kmenzel »

It seems to me that true gapless playback is more what people want then, as in, gapless for albums that were gapless (live albums, etc.), and maintaining silence for tracks that had silence - which would require that gapless playback not be based on silence detection... with adjustable start times for "hidden tracks" with large gaps of silence...