Must Playlists be listed alphabetically?

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

I would like to be able to define custom sort in the Playlist node

You may select 1 option

View results

dps

Must Playlists be listed alphabetically?

Post by dps »

Do Playlists have to be organized alphabetically? I would like to re-order them from frequently used down to less often used. But when I try to drag and drop, it keeps putting them within other ones as opposed to something like re-ordering them like I do bookmarks in Firefox.

Thanks!

Dave
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon May 11, 2009 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added poll and moved to wishlist
Eyal

Re: Must Playlists be listed alphabetically?

Post by Eyal »

dps wrote:Do Playlists have to be organized alphabetically?
Yes, I don't think any other order will make sense.
dps wrote:I would like to re-order them from frequently used down to less often used.
How do you think the software can evaluate which one is used more than another?

You can rename your playlists (Select in tree, hit F2) to suit your order preferences, like "2009-05 Favorite tunes" or the like.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

You can use MagicNodes to create nodes sorted anyway you'd like.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=19168

Here are a few masks to get you started:

Code: Select all

<Group|Name:Playlists...>\Playlist by Most Played|Filter:<Playlist> Not Like '%Added%'\<Playlist|Sort by:Sum(Played) Desc|Statistic:Count(Tracks)>\<Title|Show nodes:No|Sort order:Random>

<Group|Name:Playlists...>\Playlist by Longest Play Time|Filter:<Playlist> Not Like '%Added%'\<Playlist|Sort by:Sum(Play length)|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Sort order:Desc>\<Title|Show nodes:No|Sort order:Random>

<Group|Name:Playlists...>\Playlist by Length|Filter:<Playlist> Not Like '%Added%'\<Playlist|Sort by:Sum(Length) Desc|Statistic:Count(Tracks)>\<Title|Show nodes:No|Sort order:Random>
dps

Post by dps »

No, I wouldn't expect the software to make that determination. I would put them manually in order, just as my Bookmarks can be listed; folders in any order and sub-folders within it in any order. For example, I might want a playlist labeled "Workout" that was used all the time that I would like at the top, and "Christmas" at the bottom.
Bex

Post by Bex »

For now they have to be alphabetical but I agree that it would be a nice feature to optionally allow manual ordering.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
dps

Post by dps »

I had hoped that I was missing something when I saw this under Auto Playlist Help:

To create an AutoPlaylist:

From the Edit menu or from the Playlist button on the toolbar or from the Send-to context menu, click New AutoPlaylist.

Name the AutoPlaylist when prompted. The new playlist will be created in the Playlists node.

You will then be prompted to select the criteria to be used for the AutoPlaylist. Use the Search pane for a simple AutoPlaylist, or the Advanced Search pane for a more complex AutoPlaylist with multiple criteria. Once you've selected your criteria, press 'Ok', and the AutoPlaylist will be generated.

Move the new playlist by dragging and dropping it to a different portion of the Playlists hierarchy, if you wish.

I guess that just means that I can drag it into another playlist folder.