Playlist Management and Multiple Device Sync

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

cmx

Playlist Management and Multiple Device Sync

Post by cmx »

Could there be node selection for Playlists as there is for phone, mp3, or main library itself?

I use playlists to build the selections for several players and phones. It would be very handy to be able to navigate the playlist in the same manner we navigate everything else in MM.

It is very easy to add things to the playlists...but incredibly tedious to find or remove specific tracks, albums, or artists.

It would follow logically and intuitivly that the Playlist should have the same "node" and "tree" navigation capability. Additions and deletions could be accomplished easily.

We don't really follow the original idea of simply syncing all music between the desktop and a single portable device...and then making playlists that can be ported to either device. We have a huge library that could not be contained on a single portable device AND many different portable devices being managed from a single MM DB. Off the top I guess it means creating yet another db file....but isn't that what computers are good for?

If anyone has a simple strategy for managing multiple playlist content or managing library subset/multiple device syncs, any ideas would be appreciated.

Possibly there needs to be a NEW programming object....such as "Saved Sync" or "<User's> Sync" or "Custom Library" or "Mobile Library".....a "wing"....that represents a specific DB for an individual device...

Thanks for any help on this.
davidbspalding

Re: Playlist Management and Multiple Device Sync

Post by davidbspalding »

I'm a very, very new MM user, but would the MM Gold "multiple collections" feature help there?

http://www.mediamonkey.com/information/ ... ollections

Actually, from the promotional blurb, Advanced AutoPlaylists seem to be what you're looking for...

http://www.mediamonkey.com/information/ ... oplaylists
«Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.» Chinese proverb
T43 XP-SP3 2GB RAM, dual hard drives, MM 4.0.3 Gold; Ipod Classic 7G v2.0.4, Nano 3G v1.1.3.
48ram

Post by 48ram »

I have had this problem for years. Just found the answer. My problem was that I have two different IRivers and MM wouldn’t let me save the two tune configurations. It was useless. Simply navigate to the MM directory, open the “plugins” directory and check out the .dll files there. I copied the IRiver one to my desktop twice and renamed them to reflect my two IRivers and copied them back to the "plugins" directory. When I open the Tools, Options, folder, my two dll’s are listed in the right column headed “Plug-in File”. I uncheck everything except what I want to sync and close the window. Then I click Tools, Sync Device, and make sure “autosync” is selected. (not sure why but MM doesn’t start when I click “sync selected”. Works every time for me. I asked support for help and they told me to send them a screen print which wouldn’t tell them that the configurations did not maintain my two tune lists. If there is an easier way, please let me know. 48ram@msn.com. Chris
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

Um ... don't the IRivers have unique names, e.g. Chris-Iriver1, Chris-iriver2? I have two IPods, named Korova Ipod and Korova Nano, and MM treats them differently, using the same .DLL file. Once connected, with unique names, the external device options shows them each of them with unique syncing options.
«Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.» Chinese proverb
T43 XP-SP3 2GB RAM, dual hard drives, MM 4.0.3 Gold; Ipod Classic 7G v2.0.4, Nano 3G v1.1.3.