new feature wishlist

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

tarcman50

Post by tarcman50 »

It would be nice if the program would accept another player other than winamp. Also I wish it would let me enter my network paths,and also let me scan individual folders, not just drives. VERY nice program, but could be improved with a few features.
rjudd@home.com
jiri

Post by jiri »

Songs-DB will include an internal player in the newest version (in few weeks), so I believe that in combination with WinAmp it could be enough - it will be possible to choose between these two. Other players could be added if you (users) wish, but no player today (except for WinAmp) can be well controlled from outside - as far as I know.

I agree that it is necessary to improve handling of network paths, however scanning of individual folders is possible - just open requested folder in Computer node and select "Scan path" from "File" menu.

You are welcome to send more suggestions for improvements!
another guest

another wish

Post by another guest »

Hi Guys,

I've got another wish for you :-) It would be great, if you can add an export feature of the generated list, like other mp3-collectors can, e.g. in HTML, XLS or plain text file.
Also a direkt automatic "write back" of the mp3 tags after editing should be possible (by switch??)

thats it so far!

greetings,
Ulf
jiri

Post by jiri »

Yes, a good export is definitely necessary. It will be added as soon as all current hot topics are solved. So it can take same time. :-?

That automated writing of edited tags is a good idea and it is also easy to implement. :D Thus I think it can be added soon. BTW, I don't use tags too much, because when you use Songs-DB, there are no longer really necessary (as long as you don't share your collection with others).