Playlist shuffle

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

karimleo

Playlist shuffle

Post by karimleo »

Hi, don't know if this idea has been mentioned but whenever I compile a playlist, I would like to shuffle/randomize it just like in the Winamp Playlist editor.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

1. you do that by sorting the playlists then selecting all the songs in the new way you sorted the list that you want. right clicking on a song after you selected them.

and send them to a new playlist it will make the new list the way you sorted that list.

2. or you can just make an auto playlist and use the 3 things to sort by in it.

there is a choice to randomize the auto playlist but not the other playlists those have to be done the way i said at first.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
karimleo

Post by karimleo »

Thx but I've tried both those methods and while they do work (sorta), it's still easier in Winamp to simply press the "Randomize list" button. Just something on my personal wishlist.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

unless you can find a script in the script room here that can do it.

i think you should ask for this to be done in the script room some should beable to do it as this is a very much asked wish. that is the wish of getting radomized playlists other then using the shuffle button. :o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Peke

Post by Peke »

eagle4ever,
Are you refering on WA Randomize of Now Playing Playlist?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
karimleo

Post by karimleo »

Peke wrote:eagle4ever,
Are you refering on WA Randomize of Now Playing Playlist?
No, I know that if you right click on the Now Playing list you can shuffle the list. What I would like is the same feature but on any normal Playlist.
Peke

Post by Peke »

I trhink that is requested earlyer.
Here what I do. If you want that list is save randomized then you:
1. Load that Playlist in Now playing
2. Randomize
3. Clear Desired Playlist in Playlist Tree Node
4. Select All tracks in Now Playing
5. Drag And Drop your selected Tracks from Now Playing to desidred/cleard Playlist.
Best regards,
Peke
wolfzell

Post by wolfzell »

Here what I do:

1. Load Playlist in Now playing
2. Randomize
3. Choose Save Playlist from Now Playing-Menu
4. Choose the same old playlist and overwrite it.

One step less...

bye
Wolfgang
Peke

Post by Peke »

;) Well, no one is perfect :) THX wolfzell.
Best regards,
Peke
karimleo

Post by karimleo »

Yes I tried your methods and it works fine. I just thought that since the option is in "now playing" it wouldn't be so difficult to have the same option in a regular playlist. Thx for the method though. :)