Media server suggestion

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

bfuentes

Media server suggestion

Post by bfuentes »

I am currently using MM4 because I really like to use a media server with my directv. It is a simple and easy way to get music to stream digitally. I currently need to use MM4 and Asset UPnP. I use Asset when I want to play one particular artist because when you go to artists it has them broken down by letter. All artists beginning with A are listed under that letter. This makes getting to artists at the end of the alphabet much easier. I have a large collection and it can take 10 mins to scroll down to the end of the alphabet. Would love if MM could add this feature. MM4 has great playlist capabilities but playing individual artists is a pain.
Lowlander

Re: Media server suggestion

Post by Lowlander »

I think this has already been requested, and I definitely would like to see this.
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

I know this is an old topic, but I was hoping the OP could help direct me to a resource that would show how to set up a Directv DVR as a DLNA client. I've gone through the wiki instructions and for some reason my DVR doesn't pick up the server. I could call Directv, but I suspect they would just say "talk to the software provider" which is back here anyway.

Thanks!
Nova5

Post by Nova5 »

You might now have to pay for whole home DVR to get all that functionality up. I've had random times when the DTV unit shows up as a renderer but usually as a server. I can see its list of recorded shows but can't play them on my android tablet. I'm not surprised by this inability to playback on a odd device due to security issues.