Equalizer adjustments interupts playing music

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

agea

Equalizer adjustments interupts playing music

Post by agea »

MM is a wonderful program and MM4 is even better, BUT.... the Equalizer is crap :-(

Adjusting the Equalizer while playing already interrupted the music playing in MM3. This became even worse in MM4.
Any adjustments while playing interrupts the music or results in a restart of the music!!
Changing Output plug-in settings helps only a little bit.
I think a working equalizer is a core feature (other players like Foobar have it) and improving this is top priority.
rovingcowboy

Re: Equalizer adjustments interupts playing music

Post by rovingcowboy »

go get the auto switch EQ presets script and set it up to change it works. it will change the settings before the song starts. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
agea

Post by agea »

Thanks Amanda and Keith for your suggestions to overcome MM’s equalizer failure. I use both Level Playback Volume and EQ presets with AutoChangeEqualizer script (works great!).
But, when I DJ, I need at adjust the (low-mid-high) sound to that particular situation, ‘on the fly’. Players like Foobar do this without any problems. It’s a bit silly that a full-featured player like MM cannot handle a basic thing like adjusting the equalizer.
I tried iZotope Ozone plug-in but it is not stable with MM (got the blue screen during a DJ-set) so I have to use the EQ of an external mixer.

The MM equalizer problem is probably related to buffering, but even minimizing the buffer lenght in Output plug-in doesn't solve the interruption in the music when changing the EQ setting.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

there are several dj's here in the forum.
one of them should be able to tell you fast what to do.
i can remember only a few.

djcocomarantz is the member's name but he does not show up much.

peke is the other one i can remember he is here lots but in a different time zone. he is also one of the moderators here.

there are others but i'm not remembering many of them. contact one of those two or make a new post with title
dj needing help.

:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
markeh

Post by markeh »

Yep - this has been a problem for many releases. Can't see any reason for it - none of my other players (Winamp for one) have this problem.