Burn MP3 CDs

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

kvon

Burn MP3 CDs

Post by kvon »

Hello,
I just tried doing this for the 1st time, but turns out it doesn't work at all like I expected. Here's what I'd like - and if it already does this please tell me how!

I burned the playlist to a data CD, and the files got burned in their original (non-MP3) format! So, 2 things: 1) Convert and burn in 1 step: convert a selected playlist or set of songs to MP3 format, and burn the MP3 files to the disc. 2) Ability to determine how many files will fill the MP3 CD - in MP3 format of course - and also, be able to change the MP3 bitrate settings before the burn, and update the size of the file list accordingly. (lower bitrate - more files to fill the CD...)

Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Burn MP3 CDs

Post by Lowlander »

On the first screen after choosing Data CD you can set Options for Auto-Convert media format. This will allow you to convert non-MP3 to MP3 and convert MP3 to a different bitrate.
kvon

Post by kvon »

There it is, right there in front of me. Looked at that earlier and for some reason thought it was something different. Duh.
thanks a bunch...!
lobojon

Post by lobojon »

Why would MM not have the options button for an audio cd? It seems weird to me that I cannot chose a bunch of flac files and burn it to an audio cd that converts to audio or whatever on the fly. Maybe I missed something?

Besides that, I have tried several times to burn somgs to a cd in MM and it always fails. I am not sure why. It seems such a simple thing to do...or screw up in my case :D
MM Lifer since 2008. Still apprentice (noob) level.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Toshiba Satellite laptop
Music collection of 2 TB located on an external hard
Spybot Search & Destroy / Iobit Anti Malware
Avast Antivirus Free Edition

I love the Monkey and the forum.
Thanks to all who provide advice, assistance, add ons and scripts. It is very much appreciated!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey can burn an Audio CD (which takes whatever audio format and converts it to audio CD format .cda). It's the first step of the Disc Burning Wizard.