Links field

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Peter Panino

Links field

Post by Peter Panino »

This is a very important suggestion which would make MediaMonkey a really serious music manager:

MediaMonkey lacks a multi-line field wich contains clickable links to files (or web-pages) related to the song. For example, as a musician, for many MediaMonkey songs I have the sheet music as a PDF file somewhere on the hard-disc. So it would be very convenient managing these relations in the following way:

1. I drag a file (e.g. a sheet music PDF file) from Windows Explorer to this field (let's call it Links field). Then another file related to this song. Then a URL from my web-browser's address-bar.

2. In the 'Links' listbox now there are all these links to files and web-pages, where the Internet links are blue-underlined and the file-links maybe brown-underlined.

3. Now the next time I open the Properties dalog for this song in MediaMonkey, I just click on one of the links to open the file in its associated program, or the URL in my default web-browser.

This would be so HELPFUL!!! It shouldn't be difficult to implement. I am a seasoned Delphi programmer myself, and I could implement this feature (including debugging and rock-solid testing) in just one day!
TWKArtist

Re: Links field

Post by TWKArtist »

Something like this would be great..! I added a post in another part of the forum regarding opening up a PDF file in an external program to view a scanned copy of the CD booklet for each album. The type of thing Peter lists above would be just as good, if not better.