MM and Resources

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

audioguru

MM and Resources

Post by audioguru »

It would be nice if these programmers from all over the world knew how to write code.

1. It seems there is always a bug in the program with each release. This tells me the code is being written poorley. I wish dbpoweramp made a Media Player at least he fixes his programs.

2. If Foobar2000 can be written by one person and it hardly takes up any resources on the computer, it is a very light program and runs in the background, why the heck is Media Monkey taking up almost the same amount of computer resources as I tunes.

3. I challange Ventis Media to find programmers that can write code like the person did at Foobar2000, and it hardly takes any resources to run.

4. I challange the programmers as Media Monkey to desing a whole new program from the ground up, oh that is right your original programmer left and formed J. River Media, which is winning awards, and since your original programmer left it seems you guys just keep adding strings but really never fix the program.

5. I like Media Monkey, I just wish someone is the company would get a clue and look at your competitiion, I can only hope the original programmer of Winamp, is now back in business and he may be designing a new program.

6. How difficult is it for this company to really fix the program make it compatible with Foobar2000, from the ID tags to the rating system.

I challange Ventis Media to really fix this program and do not put another band aid on an already broken program.
audioguru

Foobar2000

Post by audioguru »

Why is it one person can design a program called Foobar2000 and it is rated as one of the top media players by audiophiles and again one person wrote and designed this program.

Now here is Ventis Media with who knows how many programmers, and they cannot fix all the bugs with each release there are issues after issues. Media Monkey is a resource hog on the computer, why is it so difficult to redesign this program?

This program takes up alot of resources on the computer almost as much as Itunes, and yet no one at Ventis Media is doing aything to fix this issue or it seems.

Foobar2000 one programmer and the program runs more efficiently than Media Monkey, granted MM is somewhat easeir to use, but get this program working and taking less resources.

This is my wishliest, a ligther interface, Fonts on the ICons or screens that I can increase in size. This is so dorky trying to read these little fonts on where you go to click and you cannot change the size. Yeah that was genious.

My Other wish list is better support with people who know how to write code. Change the Darn Program, heck MM does not even interface properly with other Media Programs. The rating system that is used for songs in MM, does not work in Foobar2000. The CD ripper portion still needs improvement on reading and importing, it misses songs that have pauses in them, especially on the pink floyd it thinks it is the end of the song.

Just design a great quality program without all the bells and whistles, quality is better, look at Foobar2000 designed by one person and updated by one person. Amazing.
Lowlander

Re: MM and Resources

Post by Lowlander »

audioguru wrote:This is so dorky trying to read these little fonts on where you go to click and you cannot change the size.
Tools > Options > Skins: Font Size
audioguru

Post by audioguru »

Thank you,

But I was told you could not update the Font Size on the skin Menues, meaning where the word rip is and it is on the menu that the font size could not be adjusted, so is this correct in saying all Font Sizes on the skin and menue bar can be adjusted?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Not sure as I don't use it, but I believe menu font size is also controlled by it.

Also it doesn't seem a fair comparison as Foobar seems to mostly a Player (yes it does have a Library), but I see you need an addon for iPod, Podcasting and UPnP all of which MediaMonkey comes with already. MediaMonkey seems to have much more capabilities and that has as tradeoff that it uses more resources.

There is a discussion about how MediaMonkey stores rating: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... lit=rating you should contribute on how foobar fails to read MediaMonkey ratings.
audioguru

Post by audioguru »

Thanks Again,

Now my question is how do we get my requests to a programmer at Ventis Media, about making this a ligther resource program or for that matter about re writing it.

You also did not answer why are there so many bugs with each release and things do not seem to get fixed or correct me if I am wrong on this.

Granted Foobar2000 does not do as much as MM, but MM should not trying to be everything it can't. What good is running a program that tries to do everything but has a bug at every release. This does not seem like very good quality control from a programming stand point.

So again about the Font Size on the Menu or where the words are coded into the skin and menu you cannot change these sizes so how do we get this to a programmer, and Mr. Lowlander why do you reply to everything if you do not have the answers, why do you not forward these request up?
rusty

Post by rusty »

You can PM me if there's something in particular you want to discuss. But we do monitor this forum if you have any particular requests. Given the number of requests, we can't respond to every one of them.

As to why there are bugs. All software has bugs, and as the complexity of the software grows, there may be more bugs. We try to limit this by continually re-engineering our code--building from scratch isn't always the best approach. In some cases it is, though. If you want to see a new version of MM written from scratch, check out MediaMonkey for Android (in the Beta Forum). Also, soon you'll be able to see MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT (we're working on some store issues with MS, but it should be accessible within a week or so).

-Rusty
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey are you using that the menu font size doesn't change with the font size setting change. It works fine for me on the main menu and context menus.