Make popup to be closable

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

dims

Make popup to be closable

Post by dims »

I am trying to listen musing during my work and if the popup window (which informing about new song) appears at the moment I want to click something in the area. It is annoying to wait it close itself by timeout.
Lowlander

Re: Make popup to be closable

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Options > Player to disable Popup.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Or, we could be given a close button on the pop-up like most "toast" windows have. I believe that may be what the thread starter is seeking, and something I have sought for years. The majority of the time, it's great to have the pop-up, but there are those instances when it pops up right when you need/want to click something in the area in which it comes up (and where you otherwise want it to come up). Usually results in you hovering over it for a second which delays it's closing further or more annoying... waiting, but still "jumping the gun" and going to click on something before it completely fades which brings it back up and starts the whole process over again.
shaunleeclarke

Post by shaunleeclarke »

Mizery_Made wrote:Or, we could be given a close button on the pop-up like most "toast" windows have. I believe that may be what the thread starter is seeking, and something I have sought for years. The majority of the time, it's great to have the pop-up, but there are those instances when it pops up right when you need/want to click something in the area in which it comes up (and where you otherwise want it to come up). Usually results in you hovering over it for a second which delays it's closing further or more annoying... waiting, but still "jumping the gun" and going to click on something before it completely fades which brings it back up and starts the whole process over again.
Yes please!

I was just about to make my own post about this but I figured I'd search first and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that gets driven nuts by this! Given the frequency of track changes, this toast window frequently gets in the way of something!

Please add an "x" to close it, and even better, please allow a right click in the toast window closable immediately with a right mouse click (like Windows Live Messenger toasts used to be).

It's such a simple change but it would really be appreciated!