Default sort order for collections

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

NWDreamer

Default sort order for collections

Post by NWDreamer »

When you edit an auto-playlist you can set the sort order (which the view returns to after you hit <F5> to refresh the screen - nice if you've temporarily sorted using the column headers). Is there some reason this functionality doesn't exist for the collections?
Craig B. (a.k.a., NW Dreamer - Gold MediaMonkey user.)
nohitter151

Re: Default sort order for collections

Post by nohitter151 »

Collection sort order just defaults to whatever column was sorted on last.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
NWDreamer

Post by NWDreamer »

nohitter151 wrote:Collection sort order just defaults to whatever column was sorted on last.
I know, that kind of sucks. It's so much easier to just hit <F5> on the playlists to return to a default sort (my default sort requires four columns: Artist Album, then Album, then Disk # and, finally, Track #). Since I tend to sort things other ways a lot while I'm cleaning or tweaking, it's a lot of clicking to get back to normal. I just think it's a really cool feature with the Playlists and wondered why we can't do the same thing with Collections.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

NWDreamer wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:Collection sort order just defaults to whatever column was sorted on last.
I know, that kind of sucks. It's so much easier to just hit <F5> on the playlists to return to a default sort (my default sort requires four columns: Artist Album, then Album, then Disk # and, finally, Track #). Since I tend to sort things other ways a lot while I'm cleaning or tweaking, it's a lot of clicking to get back to normal. I just think it's a really cool feature with the Playlists and wondered why we can't do the same thing with Collections.
I guess I can see where you're coming from, but it really depends how you use the program I guess. Arguably it's a lot more clicks to change the default sort order the auto-playlist method than just by using the column headers.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
cutedrdave

Post by cutedrdave »

Give this a try: open the collection for which you want a specific view, then get all the columns ordered, sized, sorted how you want them to look, then "x"out of Media Monkey (close the program), and restart. As far as I can figure, the program remembers the most recent parameters for any particular node view.
MediaMonkey 4.1.1.1783 Gold edition

Windows 10
i7-4700 series, 12G ram
NWDreamer

Post by NWDreamer »

cutedrdave wrote:
Give this a try: open the collection for which you want a specific view, then get all the columns ordered, sized, sorted how you want them to look, then "x"out of Media Monkey (close the program), and restart. As far as I can figure, the program remembers the most recent parameters for any particular node view.
Yes, it does that, but if you make any changes like I was talking about above then you still have to go through all the steps above anyway. If you don't, it simply saves the last sort which is not the default that I want.