Sync to MMA is not working with nested AutoPlaylists

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

cyd

Sync to MMA is not working with nested AutoPlaylists

Post by cyd »

Hi,

with the latest windows version (4.1.10.1778 Portable) the sync to MMA is not working properly with nested AutoPlaylists.

If I sync with AutoPlaylists which are based on another playlist then the sync will not work

Example AutoPlaylists Settings:
On Tab Advanced - match all of the following criteria:
* Playlist is <choose any AutoPlaylist>
* Date >= 1.1.2014

With the older versions this worked without issues.
Lowlander

Re: Sync to MMA is not working with nested AutoPlaylists

Post by Lowlander »

It's working here. Are you doing a USB or wifi sync and which version of MMA? How exactly does sync fail?
cyd

Post by cyd »

I'm using USB sync and use MMA Beta 1.1.3.0530.
I just updated to MMA Beta 1.1.3.0531. Issue still there.

I think the issue is on MMW as it stoped working after the update to 4.1.10.1778. MMW tries to sync all files of the first AutoPlaylist and doesn't restrict the selection to the filter of the second AutoPlaylist.
cyd

Post by cyd »

Hi,

the issue still persists.

The first Auto-playlist has 600 songs and 4 GB.
The second Auto-playlists reduces the first playlist to 50 songs with 300 MB.

If I want to sync the second playlist to my android phone then MMW tells me on the status bar that there is sufficient space on the phone (to sync 300mb; free 200mb).
But if I press autosync then I get an error popup that there is not enough space on the phone.

--> MMW tries to sync not only the 50 songs but instead wants to sync all 600 songs of the first auto-playlist.

Is my library corrupt?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If the second Playlist is nested to the first playlist both will be synced. All parent Playlists and their files will be synced, this is new.
cyd

Post by cyd »

Okay, thanks for the update.

Not that I like the current solution nor I understand why the parent (not selected) playlist is synced, I would like to suggest the following improvement:
To make the concept for the users more clear kindly display an warning message if the user selects a child playlist in the synchronization dialog and select the parent playlist in the selection dialog by default as well. The selection checkbox of the parent playlist should be greyed out to indicate, that the parant playlist can't be unselected as long as a child playlist is selected.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Parents are synced as any edits to them in MMA become a problem on sync. It results in file loss on the Playlists in MMW.
cyd

Post by cyd »

Okay and what about my improvement idea? Currently the reason or process is totally unclear to the user.