[REQ] quick way to delete file OR move file

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Greenbug

[REQ] quick way to delete file OR move file

Post by Greenbug »

I had a add-on for winamp that put two buttons in my 'notification bar' one a red X that would fully delete the underlying file of the song playing. The other a blue arrow that would move the underlying file to a different folder (configurable) I would use this to sift thru folders and choose to either delete a song or move it to a new 'yes i want to keep these files' folder.
so i could quickly roll thru hundreds of files with minimal clicks to purge or keep music.
Is there anyway to do something similar in MM?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious! Any help appreciated!
Peke

Re: quick way to delete file OR move file

Post by Peke »

This is easily done with scripts.

I believe there was few scripts that could do that.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MMFrLife

Re: [REQ] quick way to delete file OR move file

Post by MMFrLife »

Greenbug wrote:I had a add-on for winamp that put two buttons in my 'notification bar' one a red X that would fully delete the underlying file of the song playing. The other a blue arrow that would move the underlying file to a different folder (configurable)
In thinking about the scripts that already exist, that doesn't ring a bell. You deleted songs during playback?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Greenbug

Post by Greenbug »

Yes, during playback. I could hit button for either delete or move-file. Either button would result in the action occurring and the next song in line immediately starting up. It made it very quick and convenient to sort thru lots of songs to see which i would keep and which I would delete. Right now, I go back to winamp to do all my sorting, and MM for everything else. But I would love to just get this functionality in MM. I'm a bit of a noob, but I'll dig into scripting. If you think of anything that already exists that might help, I would love to hear about it.
Much Thanks!
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

How does the "move" work? Do you set/config a destination or does it have extended menus (click the button, menu appears, hover over parents and sub-folder menu appears
and so on...; MM is natively capable of that, no configuring).
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Greenbug

Post by Greenbug »

you preconfigure a destination folder for the 'move' function. once that's done; any time you click the arrow button; the file stops playing and moves to that folder, and the next song starts.
or you click the x button and the song gets deleted entirely and the next song starts.

I'm not sure If I can post url's here, but you can search for winamp file deleter v2.5 and still see the notes on it in the winampheritage site including very self-explanatory screen shots.

The utility also has the option of adding a rename button..but i never use that.

I know I can use MM to move or delete the file, but it's several clicks per songs to pick the song, choose move, choose destination.
I need to sort through a LOT of songs. (thousands) So I find myself returning to old defunct winamp to get this functionality.

I suppose the other nice thing about this old utility is that it works perfectly even if I have other programs in the foreground. (nice, but I could live without it if it meant not being locked to old winamp)

I was hoping perhaps a MM addon already existed or that I could somehow define a easy macro\hotkey.

Thanks!
Greenbug

Post by Greenbug »

..Just wanted to post a followup. Never really got a fix for this, and winamp started bombing on lots of files.
so these days:
I assigned a F12 hotkey(tools\options\hotkey) for 'General: Focus tracklist on current...'
I throw a hundred files in a folder, and open it in MM and play
I then hit F12,Del,Y,Y to kill files (have it set to remove underlying file)
it auto plays the next one
then I just take what's left and move them to my save folder.
it's not one click of a mouse, but It's working for me.
I bet I could figure out how to make a macro that does all that with one key. I will look into that.

Thx.