Stop After...

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Jukebox

Stop After...

Post by Jukebox »

It's a little thing, but there's something that has been on my personal wishlist for a long time...

The Play menu has a "Stop After Current" link, which is useful, but...

I would really love to be able to right-click any track currently in the playlist & select "Stop After This Track".
A useful addition to the Playlist menu would be one for "Load No More Tracks For This Session", which would have a similar usage.
rovingcowboy

Re: Stop After...

Post by rovingcowboy »

Already in the advanced playlists with the rules add xxxxxxnumber of songs. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Jukebox

Post by Jukebox »

Firstly, I have no idea what you mean by "Advanced Playlists", but that wasn't quite what I was suggesting. I never make playlists.
I always run MediaMonkey with AutoDJ selecting random tracks from a very large library. When I want to hear a complete album, I use play next, or play last to insert it into the on-running random playlist, so that as soon as the album is finished, it goes back to random track play. All I want, is to be able to select a particular track in the automatically generated playlist & get play to stop after that one. It's a way of setting MM to stop after an approximate time, without having to wait until the track I want to stop after is already playing.
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

You could just turn off AutoDJ when you want the music to stop. Personally I don't see any reason to generate a play queue that you don't intend to actually play.