interface like zune

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

spartamets

interface like zune

Post by spartamets »

I have an extremely large music database. This is a super-clunky interface for accessing my music. It is very difficult to sift through all my music to get to what I want to hear. If there is any way to have one's library and overall functionality resemble Zune, that would be great. Zune was a failure as an ipod competitor, but its software was the best. Very easy to use in every way--the opposite of this one.
MMFrLife

Re: interface like zune

Post by MMFrLife »

Yeah, I have a friend who gave me her Zune HD. So I still use the software to this day since Zune is/was proprietary and not made compatible with MM.
But only because of that fact. I don't really like it myself, but Zune software would have probably had even more mass appeal had it lasted and
been more developed. I'm not much of a mainstream/mass appeal type person, although I do understand the need for that type of thing.

Anyway, I wouldn't count on it for MM4, but it would be neat if maybe someone could make a Zune skin (or some add-on functionality) for 5 that's more
reflective of the software than past attempts.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Peke

Re: interface like zune

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I would disagree with Zune software is the best, but it had some interesting features. Maybe something to be addressed in MM5?

What exact things you are missing?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts