I´d like WIFI sync to MMA be a little bit more patient

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Snofru

I´d like WIFI sync to MMA be a little bit more patient

Post by Snofru »

I sync my music collection to my Android devices by Wifi which in general works as it should (MMW 4.1.21.1875, MMA 1.3.2.0822). But unfortunately my Wifi connection is not very good at the spot where I sit in front of my computer. It ususally does work but every now and then Wifi disconnects for about a second. This is enough for Sync to abort and give a "Sync Incomplete" message. Next run does work in 99% of cases. I have the same issue when I wake up my Android phone and the 1st thing I do is to sync with MMW (great to have that small widget button). Due to energy saving settings Wifi isn´t established immediately but is there in a second or so. And again Sync isn´t waiting long enough but stops with an error message.

Now I´d like MediaMonkey to be a little bit more patient. If it just would wait for another second until Wifi reconnects everything would be fine.

At least that´s what I hope with my very limited knowledge...
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156
Lowlander

Re: I´d like WIFI sync to MMA be a little bit more patient

Post by Lowlander »

Try rebooting the Router prior to sync and having the phone located closer to it. Also patient when waking up the phone to start sync. This may address your issues without increased patience from MediaMonkey.
Snofru

Post by Snofru »

Well, totally true. It´s not a bug report, just a wish.

"Lord, please give me patience - quickly!" :wink:
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

I would also like another 5 seconds before WiFi sync times out.

Some time ago it was possible to have MMA enable WiFi and then sync would start. Since a couple of Android versions ago I've noticed that phones (multiple brands) now take longer to connect to WiFi so the sync hits its timeout a few seconds before the WiFi connects.
I don't remember when it started taking longer to connect but I do remember it was after a specific Android system update.