problems with mp3 genre-tags

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

hendrik

problems with mp3 genre-tags

Post by hendrik »

Hello Jiri,

Nice program!

I found out in version 1.2-5.347 that mp3 genre-tags are not properly scanned. Only a very small percentage is recognized by Songs-DB. I didn't find a rule in it, i only know for sure that genre-tags created from "exact audio copy" and with "ID3-TagIT" are not recognized.
The other way round, when I put in genre-information into Songs-DB, "ID3-TagIT" only shows genre numbers, winamp(fileinfo) however takes it, but only as long it is no handmade genre.
I don't know anything about these tagging standards, but it would of course be nice if there was more compatibility between the applications. :-)

Another wish would be the possibility of saving and loading several databases, for example one for mp3-files and another one for wav-files.

respect, Hendrik
jiri

Post by jiri »

The problem is, that ID3v2 tags are quite complex and also incompatible among several their versions (2.2, 2.3, 2.4). I will try to make Songs-DB as compatible as possible, but it will be probably impossible to work well in all circumstances. (However there are things to improve)

More than one database is not supported yet, but you can make several installations of Songs-DB if you wish.

Jiri