Suggestions

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

ChuckMueller2

Suggestions

Post by ChuckMueller2 »

First, let me congratulate you on a fantastic product. I am a recent user and after seeing how robust your free DL was, I had to purchase the Gold version. I am using it with an .mp3 collection of 80,000 + songs and it is doing a great job. That being said I have a couple of wish list items. My old database in Access had a nice feature that listed the Top 100 Hits for each year based on Billboard Magazines lists and compared the collection of songs to that artists hits. The idea was being able to fill in all top 100 hits for most years in your collection. It was just a nice to have. Also some reports with stats would be nice. Total Artists, Songs, etc. Another minor issue I am dealing with is the auto tagging. It seems to have a limited idea of what comprises the file name and ignores much of the path, thereby not picking up much of the info that is contained there. This requires a lot of manual editing. I also notice that the web lookup auto tagging seems to have a way to go yet. But all in all, a great product. Keep up the good work. C.Mueller
Lowlander

Re: Suggestions

Post by Lowlander »

File > Create Reports > Statistics.

Tools > Auto-Tag from Filename needs to be configured for each folder/filename setup: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... lename/4.0