Auto-lyrics stopped working?

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

rvonder

Auto-lyrics stopped working?

Post by rvonder » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:01 pm

Using the latest beta build (and likely in several earlier builds as well?), MM no longer automatically adds lyrics into the tag when a track is selected. Reviewing my MM settings, I see nothing out of place - plus, it's always worked fine in the past. (A related "just curious" question: What source does MM use for automatic lyrics updating?)

Probably unrelated, but I've also been having problems with the Lyricator plug-in. When it works properly, the color-coded names of the selected lyrics sites instantly appear at the top of Lyricator's white dialog window; a status message shows the site currently being checked; and you can see Lyricator quickly working its way down through the list of selected tracks. Unfortunately, it only works intermittently. Most of the time, I simply get a spinning blue "working" indicator above the top left of the Lyricator panel. Nothing further happens, and I have to manually cancel the process. (I mention it here only because it's another lyrics issue, though most likely unrelated to auto-lyrics not working?)

I do know that the problems have nothing to do with my internet, router, or firewall. I have a solid 150/150 Mbps FiOS connection, no firewall blocks, and can access every lyrics site through a browser without issues.

Thanks!

Lowlander

Re: Auto-lyrics stopped working?

Post by Lowlander » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:22 pm

It's working here.

Make sure that the Art & Details window is set to show Lyrics and that is set to Selected tab as you're saying it fails for selected file. Only when these conditions are met will lookup happen.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

rvonder

Re: Auto-lyrics stopped working?

Post by rvonder » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:39 pm

Thanks, that did the trick!

Awhile back, I installed the 'Lyrics and Comments Viewer' add-on and positioned it directly above the Art & Details window to give me a larger dedicated display of both the Lyrics and Comments fields. (I use Comments for album/artist info, and it coincidentally seems to be the only field you can't display in Art & Details?) I also didn't like how Art & Details overlays any selected text fields over the top of the artwork, and dims the artwork so much that it becomes almost invisible. Using the Lyrics and Comments Viewer, text became redundant in Art & Details, so I was able to turn it all off and regain a clear view of the artwork.

I never knew (or expected!) that auto-updating of lyrics would depend on having them displayed in Art & Details. Auto-update of the Lyrics tag is a great feature that I rely on during tagging of an album, but it's totally separate from what I might choose to display during playback. It would sure be nice if auto-lookup could be activated without being required to redundantly show lyrics in Art & Details. Is it possible to remove this dependency between what seem to be two independent features?