Error on recognizing iPod

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

charlieMOGUL

Error on recognizing iPod

Post by charlieMOGUL »

Hi,

I'm using MM 2.5.4.969 and an 4th gen iPod Photo.
Since this release (regression error ?) MediaMonkey doesn't seem to recognize the iPod correctly.
When I attach the iPod it creates a new device plugin using d_WMDM.dll for the iPod instead of using its own existing iPod device plugin (d_iPod.dll).
After manually removing the new d_WMDM device plugin, removing the iPod and reinserting the iPod, MediaMonkey creates the incorrect device plugin again.

Debug log is sent.

regards,

charlieMOGUL
jiri

Post by jiri »

Do you have d_iPod.dll installed, I'm not sure how would it happen, but isn't it missing? Otherwise, this should work fine...

Jiri
charlieMOGUL

Post by charlieMOGUL »

Hi Jiri,

I used the last official version before this version, and synchronizing with the iPod always worked perfectly.
After installing the latest beta release it stopped functioning. You still can see the d_iPod.dll device plugin and it still has the correct synchronisation list. I haven't changed anything besides installing the latest beta.

Hope this helps,

charlieMOGUL
jiri

Post by jiri »

It looks like possibly d_WMDM finds iPod faster than its d_iPod plug-in. Could you please try to use http://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/d_WMDM.dll instead of the default one?

Thanks,
Jiri
charlieMOGUL

Picasa + iPod + MediaMonkey != okay ?

Post by charlieMOGUL »

Strangely enough, when exiting Google's Picasa, it works again.
So it seems that Picasa ('s Media Detector ?) interrupts some calls.

I don't know whether this behaviour is new for this beta build, or that this is the first time that it occurred.
If you're interested I have a debug log of a successful iPod connection after exiting Picasa.

As always, thanks for your fast answers,

charlieMOGUL
jiri

Post by jiri »

I don't understand from your answer - did you try the modified WMDM from my previous post?

Jiri
charlieMOGUL

Post by charlieMOGUL »

Hi Jiri,

I did NOT use the modified WMDM driver. All I did was stopping Google's Picasa. I use Picasa for transfering my photos from a digital camera to my computer. After stopping Picasa, MediaMonkey recognized the iPod correct again.
This was the first time that Picasa and MediaMonkey had 'troubles' together. I don't know whether this was due to this beta build, or that it was just a coincidence that it occurred after using the beta.

I haven't been able to reproduce the problem with Picasa and MediaMonkey + iPod, so maybe it was just a glitch.

charlieMOGUL
jiri

Post by jiri »

Could you please try to use the modified version? Hopefully it would help...

Jiri
charlieMOGUL

Post by charlieMOGUL »

Jiri,

I'll try the new WMDM driver. However, since the problem hasn't occurred anymore, I won't be able to tell whether the bug was just an incident, or that the new WMDM driver does it's new job okay.

I'll keep you informed...

charlieMOGUL
charlieMOGUL

Post by charlieMOGUL »

Jiri,

I didn't have the problem using the modified WMDM driver. However, MediaMonkey was painfully slow when an iPod was inserted.
I'll replace the WMDM driver with the old WMDM driver to gain some speed in the detection process. If the problem occurs again I'll let you know.

charlieMOGUL
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Yesterday I had a similar problem: MediaMonkey recognized my iPod as a "normal" player and wanted to resynch the whole library. Then I re-attached the ipod and it worked again.

It was the first time that this happened. I'll tell you if it happens again.
Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
rusty

iPod recognition problem

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Is a debug log of this possible?

-Rusty
tmckinnon

Multiple ipods

Post by tmckinnon »

I connected my 2 video ipods. The second one connected always ended up creating a new profile using the WMDM dll. Once I disconnected the first ipod the second would work again.
gtbuzz

Post by gtbuzz »

Since this thread was resurrected, I'll chime in as well.

2 iPod issues:

1) Video iPod works correctly, but the 2nd gen shuffle only occasionally is recognized correctly. Most of the time it shows up as a generic usb device

2) iPod album cover library was corrupted on sync, so album art of tracks that were already on the ipod don't show up anymore.