Database

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

tommae88

Database

Post by tommae88 »

Okay, during alpha 4 testing, I was trying to sync my ipod nano with MM, and the process froze, eventually shutting my computer down without any assistance by me. After the restart, my computer only recognized roughly half of my tracks. An error sometimes opens while trying to read the database as well. I can't use MM because of this, and I've been using iTunes since then, so any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I have tried reinstalling old versions and upgrading to alpha 5, and still no luck. The real hard part is that I can't find the database entry anywhere either on my computer =/
julzcompufreek

Post by julzcompufreek »

the database in MediaMonkey 3.0 is located in
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMonkey\MM.DB

If you want to start again, just delete that MM.DB file all together[/u]
Julian aka julzcompufreek
"Dancing is a contact sport; football is a Hitting sport." - Vince Lombardi
Visit My Blog - http://kompufreak.wordpress.com
tommae88-not logged in

Post by tommae88-not logged in »

Well, I wish it was as simple as that, but I've got quite the doozy of a problem here. I had known where the DB was at, but the Local Settings folder is gone, and when i search for mediamonkey.db or mediamonkey.mdb, no results are found and when I try to clear library from within MM, it also reports an error, saying: "There was a problem querying from the database: Error Executing SQL statement 'DELETE FROM Songs' SQL logic error or missing database (1). Any add or rescan is also impossible because it will report a similar error, ending with the final statement saying that the database may be missing. Extremely frustrating =/ Any ideas?
tommae88-notlogged in

Post by tommae88-notlogged in »

Oh, and trying to use a workaround and re-creating the local settings folder in my user name's folder is forbidden as well, saying there already is a folder with that name (even though there isn't one) =/
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Isn't it just hidden? By default it is (and it's a system folder too).
You have to set Explorer to show hidden files, .and. to show system files.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
tommae88

Post by tommae88 »

oh thank god it was something simple that I had forgotten. I have been switching computers non stop lately and forgot to show the hidden files on this one, thank you for reminding me -- that fixed it. I'm rescanning now.