mm3 a7 - Best yet

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

robodan

mm3 a7 - Best yet

Post by robodan »

I have over 10000 songs in my music folder & i am on windows vista. MM2 was a waste of time, worked for 1 day then crashed constantly.

Alpha 5 was crashing every other song, A6 just as often.

Alpha 7, well my com has pretty much been playing music 24/7 with only one crash, even then it carried on playing.

I cant wait for the full release of MM3 i'm confident it will be superb.

Good work
peter_h

Post by peter_h »

Me too. All the m4a issues seem to have disappeared - which is a huge thing. I can now get rid of Winamp and use MM3 daily as my default player. I'm now starting to recommend it to fiends. No crashes or showstopping bugs in the last week of non-stop use on a 30,000+ collection of MP3 & M4As. Luv ya work, guys - you've just made my life better! :)
:) Pete, from Wellington, New Zealand.

Running MM4 4.1.31.1919, on Win7 SP1, 16Gig memory, on Lenovo W530 (Intel i7) laptop
**If you're wondering why I'm still on MM4: It still has more useful-to-me plugins; and I prefer the GUI's responsiveness, panes spreadable over multi-monitors flexibility, and predictability (all coz it's more Windows-native). I also hate "flat design" for its visual inefficiency. For me, MM4's benefits are still > MM5, and MM5's downsides < MM4.
karimleo

Post by karimleo »

Not so sure myself. While it's great and there are alot of bugs fixed, it still crashes regularly while in Album Art/Details view prompting me with the "Report Error Screen" I fill it in and hope the devs can find the problem because I sure as hell haven't figured out the fault. Otherwise it is a great programme.
peter_h

Post by peter_h »

Eagle: I don't use any of the AlbumArt views, so I can't say whether mine's unstable like yours in the same circumstances. I don't use them, and it's all good.
:) Pete, from Wellington, New Zealand.

Running MM4 4.1.31.1919, on Win7 SP1, 16Gig memory, on Lenovo W530 (Intel i7) laptop
**If you're wondering why I'm still on MM4: It still has more useful-to-me plugins; and I prefer the GUI's responsiveness, panes spreadable over multi-monitors flexibility, and predictability (all coz it's more Windows-native). I also hate "flat design" for its visual inefficiency. For me, MM4's benefits are still > MM5, and MM5's downsides < MM4.
karimleo

Post by karimleo »

I understand. I also use details view (especially when tagging or organizing) but the fact remains that alot of people do use Art views and a crash is a crash.

Don't get me wrong, I adore MM. I wish it was available for my Windows Mobile PDA, well done devs. But there are still a few bugs to iron out.

Roll on next Alpha/Beta, can't wait for it. :D
swears

Post by swears »

Definitely best build yet. I get excited for each of these builds to come out. Still had some crashes when messing w/ the playlists though. Sent in a few error reports.