Playlist "Accessible Tracks"

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

PoooMukkel

Playlist "Accessible Tracks"

Post by PoooMukkel »

There is a playlist called "Accessible Tracks". All my songs seem to be in this playlist. Yesterday I deleted this playlist and all my songs were gone!

Ist this a bug or is this a functionality?

If I look into the properties of songs always there is an entry under "Classification" called "Accessible Tracks".

Can someone explain this feature to me? Thanks...
Cu,
PoooMukkel
PoooMukkel

Post by PoooMukkel »

Nobody here with an idea?? :(
Cu,
PoooMukkel
jiri

Post by jiri »

"Accessible Tracks" is an ordinary auto-playlist, it works as any other one. It's contained on Classification tab only because most tracks (except those on removable media) belong to this playlist.

Jiri
PoooMukkel

Post by PoooMukkel »

jiri wrote:"Accessible Tracks" is an ordinary auto-playlist, it works as any other one. It's contained on Classification tab only because most tracks (except those on removable media) belong to this playlist.

Jiri
But why they belong to this playlist? Is there any reason? So I don't have to delete this playlist right??
Cu,
PoooMukkel
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

They're in the playlist because they are "accessable" ... i.e. able to be accessed. All of your songs are in this playlist *unless* they are located somewhere that MM can't currently get to, such as a removable hard drive, CDRom, etc.
PoooMukkel

Post by PoooMukkel »

Ah, ok. Now I understand... I won't delete it again... ;)
Cu,
PoooMukkel
Steven Senter

Re: Playlist "Accessible Tracks"

Post by Steven Senter »

In other words, if you have a portion of your library that is on a flash drive, or SD card, or portable hard disk, and those items get plugged in, the tracks on those items will then show up. When you unplug them, those tracks are no longer there because they are no longer accessible, even though they would still be a part of the overall library.