Column positions not remembered when switching views [3372]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

karimleo

Column positions not remembered when switching views [3372]

Post by karimleo »

Simple to reproduce.

By default I use Album Art/Details view. However I switch to "Details" view quite a bit. Here's the bug. The first column on the left is "Title" because it displays the number. Next "Album Artist", "Album" etc....

Now, switch to Album Art/Details view then switch back to Details view. The columns do not remember their position and I am left with "Title" to the right somewhere.
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

Same here on B3
powerpill-pacman

Post by powerpill-pacman »

ditto
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) - MediaMonkey 3.2.4.1304
My music on Soundcloud
some more on Last.fm
if you really like my music...
rusty

Album Artist / Details view

Post by rusty »

Are you saying that you want to have the Title field displayed to the left of the artwork?

From my perspective Album Art + Details _should_ persist column order, but it seems reasonable to only support Artwork in the leftmost column (though I suppose that if MM forces this, it shouldn't allow Title column to be dragged to the left of the artwork to begin with).

Please clarify--thx.

-Rusty
Raydeeoo

Post by Raydeeoo »

No, I have the same problem too. What they are saying is that they want to configure each one a different way and when they configure the appropriate view when they switch back to it later those configurations are gone. So u have to keep configuring over and over again. So it makes you not want to switch views
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

I think the issue is that when you switch from the "Grid" view to the "Album Art With Details" view and then back to the "Grid" view, the colums in the grid view are re-ordered, with the Album column moving to the very left.

I don't think it happens every time, but more often than not for me.