Regged in July, still not using Mediamonkey...

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Scuttle

Regged in July, still not using Mediamonkey...

Post by Scuttle »

Yeah...I registered MediaMonkey in july, hoping I would be able to throw the piece of cr_p that is iTunes aside and get something useful for both iPod-management and music-playing.

I'm sad to say that MediaMonkey, right now, is worse than iTunes.

The non-beta version does not support Unicode, and since ~33% of my collection have unicode filenames/tags that is a must for me. So that forces me to use the alpha/beta (whatever)

Well, right now the latest version is completely unusable. If I open up MediaMonkey and browse to my music-folder, which I keep on a network share, MM refuses to play anything. Sometimes I can get a song or two to play if I click half a dozen times on it, sometimes not at all...

Also, the library...I have set MM to scan my nusic-folder for changes on startup...Since I installed MM my library have been completely empty. I can see that MM traverses my music-folders and scans, but the library remains empty...

Well, I could go on, but since these two things makes the program completely useless I might as well stop..

And to paraphrase ebay-buyers; "C-, will not buy again..."
shotofadds

Post by shotofadds »

Maybe if you reported these problems they might have been fixed by now?

It states VERY clearly, both on the download page and when installing, that MM3 is beta software and may contain bugs at this stage.

It seems pretty clear to me that MM3 is intended to do exactly what you need, but bugs in the beta are preventing this. Give the guys a chance!
Scuttle

Post by Scuttle »

shotofadds wrote:Maybe if you reported these problems they might have been fixed by now?

It states VERY clearly, both on the download page and when installing, that MM3 is beta software and may contain bugs at this stage.

It seems pretty clear to me that MM3 is intended to do exactly what you need, but bugs in the beta are preventing this. Give the guys a chance!
I don't know if you read my post properly, but the subject was "Regged in July, still not using Mediamonkey..."

I dunno about you, but that several months, and if the program can't do basic stuff like, well, play music....

Oh, and the MM version 3 beta started in february, and it still can play music properly?
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Sorry, but don't you think it's stupid what you say here?
Naturally MediaMonkey plays music fine on most if not all systems. If not there wouldn't be such a community, would it? So if you have problems on your systems just report them and we and the devs will try to help. If you don't report them no one will know and no one can help.

By the way: MM3 was alpha in february! And untill it's final it's not stable and safe to use. That's the sense of alphas and betas: they are here to try - and to report problems!

Sorry, but what you do is really childish and far away from helpful and productive. And don't be surprised if nobody will help you...
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
Filroden

Re: Regged in July, still not using Mediamonkey...

Post by Filroden »

Scuttle wrote:Also, the library...I have set MM to scan my nusic-folder for changes on startup...Since I installed MM my library have been completely empty. I can see that MM traverses my music-folders and scans, but the library remains empty...
Have you a) set it to scan your network drive rather than the default C and b) set it to scan all music file formats?

The first time I used MM I found nothing, then I added my S drive and it found a half dozen albums (all ripped in mp3) then I added flac to the format and it found everything.
Scuttle

Re: Regged in July, still not using Mediamonkey...

Post by Scuttle »

Filroden wrote:Have you a) set it to scan your network drive rather than the default C and b) set it to scan all music file formats?

The first time I used MM I found nothing, then I added my S drive and it found a half dozen albums (all ripped in mp3) then I added flac to the format and it found everything.
It seems to be the unicode filenames. Mediamonkey seems to be completely incapable of importing files or folders with unicode filenames. It displays them though...
powerpill-pacman

Post by powerpill-pacman »

I don't know whether i understand you (or unicode) completely wrong, but MM imports my unicode files (with ä,ö,ü) fine.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) - MediaMonkey 3.2.4.1304
My music on Soundcloud
some more on Last.fm
if you really like my music...
Scuttle

Post by Scuttle »

powerpill-pacman wrote:I don't know whether i understand you (or unicode) completely wrong, but MM imports my unicode files (with ä,ö,ü) fine.
That's not unicode, åäöüìôï and several other are just plain ascii

This is unicode:
powerpill-pacman

Post by powerpill-pacman »

Sorry.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) - MediaMonkey 3.2.4.1304
My music on Soundcloud
some more on Last.fm
if you really like my music...
austin powers

Post by austin powers »

Two years ago i choose MediaMonky mainly because it was the only soft for organizing music that works flawlessly with my unicode (cyrillic) ID3-Tags and filenames. And YES, i know the difference between codepages with ascii characters between 128 and 255 and unicode.
I am using Windows XP, looking at your screenshot it seems that you use Vista, may be this is the problem?
opitzs

Post by opitzs »

Hi,

Vista treats unicode differently from WinXP. I don't know all the ins and outs, but I know, that some programms start to throw errors, if they open files in a firectory that has a unicode name. Those same programs (same version) worked fine with this under WinXP.

Ciao
Sven
TwiztidSinz

Post by TwiztidSinz »

Using Vista Ultimate + MM3 Beta and I have about 25 albums in Japanese...

Everything works and plays perfectly and have since.. well.. since Alpha..
Motherboard: Intel D915PBL
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 550 Prescott 3.4GHz LGA 775 (w/ Hyper-Threading)
Memory: Corsair 2048MB (512x4) DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) Dual Channel
Hard Drive: Western Digital WD800JD 80 GB / WD2500JS 250 GB / WD2500KS 250 GB
Video Card: Sapphire RADEON X1600 XT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16