New vs Old in Windows skin mode [F3999 RC3]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

image one.

winamp code for player skin using your xp theme colors only.

image two.
new none skinned player using your xp theme colors only.

new player in skin is defaulted to 60 pixels high.
thus the thin new player is posted at the top of the area for the player. the player area is not adjusting to the height of the thin player this is the same with the skinned versions.

left click the player and drag it to a dock area above the list view.
it should be made the thin size, or move the other two items art, and now playing to different dock areas.
minimize monkey and restore it. or close and restart it.
that should make the player the normal size.
that is what i have to do with the skinned version.

its not that they changed the non skinned mode because they wanted to, it's that they had to when they wanted to change to a new system for the skinned versions. all the non skin version seems to be is a normal skinned version but told not to use the skin files and only use the windows theme of the users computer.
so you get everything but the skin options.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DryBones

Post by DryBones »

rovingcowboy wrote:winamp code for player skin using your xp theme colors only.
Alright. So, even the unskinned version was using a skin of sorts. Didn't know that.

Does anyone know exctly which win-amp skin that was ? ... If I download it, will I be able to get Monkey3 to look *exactly* as it did before ?
Blake

Post by Blake »

Here it is.... In a very, very old thread.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2764

You could modify it to make it compatible with MM3 but i don't think you can use it with the rest of MM unskinned.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

In effect you are skinning, but only the player.
I also use the Windows theme for the same reasons you have stated, uniformity and consistency of layout, but I skin the player.
This is what I use, which is a modified WinAmp Classic skin. I am sure, that at this time anyway, these skins cannot be modified for use in MM3?? although there is a "short player" under development for MM3, in the Art forum

Blake

Post by Blake »

You can modify MM2 skins so that they can work on MM3 using this walkthrough.

What I was saying was that i thought that you could not have the player skinned but not the window in MM3 like you can in MM2. Which might mean that you have to make a theme for the main window that reflected your current windows theme.

If you did convert the skin and you wanted the main window to look like XP's Luna then you could use the Luna theme.mskn from here.
DryBones

Post by DryBones »

Blake wrote:If you did convert the skin and you wanted the main window to look like XP's Luna then you could use the Luna theme.mskn from here.
But that would be a "cheat" of sorts. No ? Wouldn't it only cause MM3 to look like Windows and blend-in, but only superficially ?

For example ... if we change the Windows colors, or switch the main theme to Silver, (or OliveGreen), then the rest of Windows will be looking gray and MM3 would still be looking blue/tan and off sync. No ?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

DryBones wrote:
rovingcowboy wrote:winamp code for player skin using your xp theme colors only.
Alright. So, even the unskinned version was using a skin of sorts. Didn't know that.

Does anyone know exctly which win-amp skin that was ? ... If I download it, will I be able to get Monkey3 to look *exactly* as it did before ?

the best bet would be to use only the player skin.
but i don't know how you would use the player skin only when in the non skin mode?
the non skin mode was made by the developers whom put the code in for the winamp skin layout and told it to only use your windows theme only.

so just adding a skin to the player makes you need to use the skin mode right?
:-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Blake

Post by Blake »

rovingcowboy wrote:the best bet would be to use only the player skin.
but i don't know how you would use the player skin only when in the non skin mode?
the non skin mode was made by the developers whom put the code in for the winamp skin layout and told it to only use your windows theme only.

so just adding a skin to the player makes you need to use the skin mode right?
:-?
In MM2 it is possible to show your player and have the rest of the window un-skinned.
In MM3 I think that putting it on un-skinned will also un-skin the player and you cant just use a skinned player, only the un-skinned one in the second screenshot shown by DryBones.
(Correct me if I'm wrong)

If you really wanted to bring back your MM2 look it would be a long process which I dont think would be worth it. Maybe it would be good to have a radio button or something in the skinning section of options to change between 2 and 3 compatibles.
But that would be a "cheat" of sorts. No ? Wouldn't it only cause MM3 to look like Windows and blend-in, but only superficially ?

For example ... if we change the Windows colors, or switch the main theme to Silver, (or OliveGreen), then the rest of Windows will be looking gray and MM3 would still be looking blue/tan and off sync. No ?
Pretty much, but at the moment that looks like the only way to do it, I think.