iPod now cutting songs short by 3 seconds

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

chrisjj

Re: iPod now cutting songs short by 3 seconds

Post by chrisjj »

I wonder if it something specific to MM's auto-conversion to MP3. Perhaps try sending without conversion an MP3 that you know plays fine in MM... and WinAmp, to be safe.
Chris
brianon

Post by brianon »

Its on tracks that are not converted.
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

brianon wrote:Its on tracks that are not converted.
Then I'd guess that either the track is faulty (it is OK on other players?)...

Or that MM is writing faulty (e.g. length) into to the iPod database. The MM debug log might reveal this, but it is heavy reading.
Last edited by chrisjj on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
jboeckx

Post by jboeckx »

I think it has to do with adding artwork (cd cover). I had this problem after importing Real Gone by Tom Waits, and adding the artwork from wikipedia. I did some testing, and without adding artwork, the problem did not occur. After adding artwort from another source, the problem was also not there.
cooperg21

Post by cooperg21 »

I have the same issue. I'm using a 5.5g ipod (w/upgraded 240gb harddrive.) I sometimes just drag the album art into the album folder (on my harddrive, not ipod) and would still like to see it on my ipod, like how I see it in MediaMonkey. Is this issue going to be fixed in any upcoming updates? Also, on a slight side note, is there any way to automatically convert large album art to ipod sized artwork on the fly? (Like you can do with bitrates.)

I am also using MediaMonkey Gold and absolutely LOVE IT!!!! Have recommended it to many people! THANK YOU MEDIAMONKEY!
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

We've been unable to replicate this issue. If someone can come up with a set of steps that consistently triggers the bug, then we can do something about it, but we've been unable to trigger the problem :(

Short of that, perhaps if you'd send me:
a) the iPod DB
b) the tracks that don't play correctly on the iPod
c) your MM db

-Rusty
Llionv

Post by Llionv »

Im still getting cut off :evil:
Sometimes by like 20 seconds :o
Please Help? I love Media Monkey.... and would be a shame to have to change!
PalmUser

Post by PalmUser »

Has this issue been resolved?

I am having the same problem of losing the last few seconds (more than a few actually). I am using the most recent version of MM as of Nov 2010.

Synching to Palm Pre.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tks
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

PalmUser wrote:Has this issue been resolved?

I am having the same problem of losing the last few seconds (more than a few actually). I am using the most recent version of MM as of Nov 2010.

Synching to Palm Pre.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tks
There is no known issue:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 27#p142763
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Woof !

Re: Songs cut short by 3 seconds

Post by Woof ! »

I get the same problem. Not on all tracks though and it doesn't seem to be related to album art - some tracks with art get cut short, some don't. It makes playing a playlist annoying and playing an album horrible. I'm using MM v4.0.2.1462 running on WIndows Home Server 2011 and a Pure Avanti Flow.

I've tried connecting the Pure to Windows Media Player using the same audio files and that works fine - no end-of-track loss at all.

I also tried connecting the Pure to MM running on a Windows7 box instead of the server (using the same audio files stored on the server) and I get the same problem. If I use MM running on the PC to play on the PC then there is no problem.

I really like MM but I will have to give up using it if I can't find a fix for this problem soon. Please help.

Post by Guest »

I had this or a similar problem too and here's how I solved it:

Go to "Tools > Options", then in the list on the left, select "Output Plug-ins", and then click on "Configure" (which should configure the audio output driver selected in the list).

In the dialog that appears, uncheck the "Remove Silence at the beginning/end of track" and uncheck "Crossfade tracks"

These options were enabled on my default installation of MM and it took quite a while to find them. I'm not sure why MM does not default to playing tracks as they exist.
Strohbie

Re:

Post by Strohbie »

shayguitarra wrote:So there you have it. Try unticking Copy Album Art to Track Tags and it should hopefully solve the problem.

You nailed it shayguitarra, this did the trick for me. My songs were ending early seemingly at random, with some ending on time, some ending a few seconds early, and some ending 10-15 seconds early. When I did as described above and re-synced one test track, it fixed the problem. I also noticed that tracks with more album art would get more of their endings cut.