MM 4 Alpha Testing

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: MM 4 Alpha Testing

Post by Lowlander »

You could loose your music or corrupt it (if such a bug exists), corruption has happened in the past so you should have a backup of your music before testing MediaMonkey 4.
Kos

Post by Kos »

...ok thanks - I'll wait... I have a backup but the trouble of 'repairment' I'll live without...

/Kos
Setup: Sonos, Twonky, Qnap, MediaMonkey Lifetime
vpsaxman

Post by vpsaxman »

Lowlander wrote:
vpsaxman wrote:What does upgrading the database do?
It makes it compatible with the new version.
:roll: I meant, is there any reason behind the database update? Why not keep the old MM3 system? :D
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
AMD Phenom II x4 940 (3GHz)
ASRock A780
4GB DDR2 333
ATI Radeon HD 3200
Library on two disks : Western Digital Caviar 1.5TB - WDC 640GB
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Because video has been added among other changes.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

What happens when the trial runs out?
Can we purchase it now?
Last edited by dypsis on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon »

is somebody else having problems with the album arts? I installed version 4.0.0.1339 and don't see any images at all. They are stored in the tags.

My Libraray is on a NAS, and the path of the songs looks like \\Mediaserver\Music\artist\album\song.mp3
Friedrich

Post by Friedrich »

BlueDragon wrote:is somebody else having problems with the album arts?
Works ok here. No general problem perhaps. (version 4.0.0.1339)
MM5 (2606)and MM4 (1919) installed and running well on:
Debian 11 KDE, EndeavourOS KDE (wine 7.4 via playonlinux), Win10 64bit
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

it is a buggy buggy buggy BUGGY TEST version of mm 4 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Mars74

Post by Mars74 »

Rather buggy indeed, very very slooowwww ... I lose all my ratings (amongst other things) when inserting new folders into my database ...
On the other hand, very correct for an alpha version .. you know the risk when installing ... I'm still happy with this one, as long as I know it will be corrected soon (I installed for the DLNA feature that's cool) :wink:
vpsaxman

Post by vpsaxman »

Lowlander wrote:Because video has been added among other changes.
Yes, I'd forgot the video addition.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
AMD Phenom II x4 940 (3GHz)
ASRock A780
4GB DDR2 333
ATI Radeon HD 3200
Library on two disks : Western Digital Caviar 1.5TB - WDC 640GB
BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon »

Friedrich wrote:
BlueDragon wrote:is somebody else having problems with the album arts?
Works ok here. No general problem perhaps. (version 4.0.0.1339)
i tested it on my internal storage and the art appeared instantly.
So it's a problem with network storages.

I know it's only an alpha version, but a bug is a bug and has to be reported, right?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

rusty just released what he said is most likely the last developer testing version.

so yes the bugs for most part after the christmas break might be started with the new up coming public testing versions.

but bugs that effect the script authors should have always been reported. as this was for them to test their scripts if they could not have tested them. then we would still be looking for a long wait on the public's testing versions.

glad rusty is feeling good about this now to release it soon as a public beta version. :) 8)

i think i said some place i would not play videos with monkey. well I Changed MY Mind. this beta version is great with videos so i'll use mm 4 to play my videos now instead of wmp.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

rovingcowboy wrote: i think i said some place i would not play videos with monkey. well I Changed MY Mind. this beta version is great with videos so i'll use mm 4 to play my videos now instead of wmp.
Same here.
But only for music related videos for the moment.
I like how you can have the video shows inside the art panel.
So you can have a playing queue with audio and video without MM switching views all the time.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

BlueDragon wrote:I know it's only an alpha version, but a bug is a bug and has to be reported, right?
No, the current Alpha release are only for feedback on scripting issues. The current Alphas are know to have many bugs, but have been released so addon developers can have an early peak at changes and give feedback on any parts that are broken.

Once Alphas are released in the Beta forum it will be open for feedback on any and all bugs.

From: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 19&t=54156
Rusty wrote:These dev builds will be kind of raw. They'll contain many bugs and regressions and there are no what's new files (you'll have to trawl through Mantis to see changes). The intent is not to test MM functionality generally, but to fine-tune any script-related issues that may have been introduced, or to raise the priority on any scripting functionality that you feel we've overlooked for this release.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)