MM 4 Alpha Testing

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: MM 4 Alpha Testing

Post by Lowlander »

Which will be uncovered once a stable version is released. The plans are still to release an Alpha release after all.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

kristopher.roy wrote:I suppose; however, it is very possible that multiple other bugs exist that are not known, and could be pointed out by beta testers.
thats what lowlander said.

but he also said the developers want to have as perfect alpha release as they can because of past releases they found were perfect on their systems they got tons of errors from other systems and hardware. so they want to fix what they know
they have to fix before it is released so they don't have tons to fix on top of the ones they knew about when it was released.

so making a completely clean as they know it test release helps them also find the errors faster.

not many in mediamonkey like to test but will use the program and send in bug reports if they find one.
so you wanting to play with buggy program versions should be a great plus for the developers as you will help
find many bugs in it for them. i use to do that but not any more can't afford to mess up my system now, prices for me
got to high on new ones or new hardware.
:D

yes lowlander said that you have to have been in the forum as long as we have and read the posts like we have to be able to
read between the lines and fill it in like that. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
dypsis

Alpha »» Beta

Post by dypsis »

So when does the Alpha become Beta and mere mortals allowed to test it? :)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

When it's feature complete. Anyway I'm still under the impression that an Alpha will be released to the general public when it's ready.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

The public alpha will come soon.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
rovingcowboy

Re: Alpha »» Beta

Post by rovingcowboy »

dypsis wrote:So when does the Alpha become Beta and mere mortals allowed to test it? :)
i'm agreeing with the others on this dypsis.
i think they are going to release an alpha version for testing because they did with mm 3 and got some great results with
feedback.

how ever i think it might be the next to the last alpha version they make that is released for public testing. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
dypsis

Re: Alpha »» Beta

Post by dypsis »

rovingcowboy wrote:
dypsis wrote:So when does the Alpha become Beta and mere mortals allowed to test it? :)
i'm agreeing with the others on this dypsis.
i think they are going to release an alpha version for testing because they did with mm 3 and got some great results with
feedback.

how ever i think it might be the next to the last alpha version they make that is released for public testing. 8)
OK.
So all us mere mortals are gonna be let loose on an Alpha version. Cool. 8) :o
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Dreadlau wrote:The public alpha will come soon.
And here it is:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =0#p278637
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Dreadlau wrote:
Dreadlau wrote:The public alpha will come soon.
And here it is:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =0#p278637

sorry dreadlau this is NOT a public Alpha testing version, repeat THIS IS NOT A PUBLIC ALPHA version.

that being said you can and should know that

the version being released there is a SCRIPT AUTHOR'S PRE ALPHA SCRIPT TESTING ONLY VERSION.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Anyone is free to try that build, but it's still kind of raw, and it's been posted to help script writers debug any issues and to ensure that we fix any major script related problems asap.

Formal prerelease test phase is planned for later this week--we're just ironing out a few more issues.

-Rusty
ZeusII

Post by ZeusII »

rusty wrote:Anyone is free to try that build, but it's still kind of raw, and it's been posted to help script writers debug any issues and to ensure that we fix any major script related problems asap.

Formal prerelease test phase is planned for later this week--we're just ironing out a few more issues.

-Rusty
couldn't resist to give it a try and wow, what a change. with vitreous skin mm now looks amazing :D

can't wait for the final release :D
YippieYeah

Post by YippieYeah »

Cheers guys im gonna test it.-...
hintergrundrauschen

MM4alpha DB conversion

Post by hintergrundrauschen »

just a short question regarding the scripting developers' alpha build.

I used a copy of my existing DB (and files) with MM4 and it got converted during the first start of MM4.

Now, I wanted to use MM3 and MM4 on the same test system to be able to do a one-on-one comparison regarding some issues. MM3 seems to run fine even with the converted DB (although there should be differences, e.g. the change in time-date format mantis talks about and I guess a couple of new fields and tables). Is there a problem using the converted DB back and forth with MM3 and MM4?

Thanks.
Claude
nohitter151

Re: MM4alpha DB conversion

Post by nohitter151 »

hintergrundrauschen wrote:just a short question regarding the scripting developers' alpha build.

I used a copy of my existing DB (and files) with MM4 and it got converted during the first start of MM4.

Now, I wanted to use MM3 and MM4 on the same test system to be able to do a one-on-one comparison regarding some issues. MM3 seems to run fine even with the converted DB (although there should be differences, e.g. the change in time-date format mantis talks about and I guess a couple of new fields and tables). Is there a problem using the converted DB back and forth with MM3 and MM4?

Thanks.
the dbs are stored in different locations, so they actually aren't using the same db file.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
dypsis

Easy Migration to MM 4

Post by dypsis »

nohitter151 wrote: the dbs are stored in different locations, so they actually aren't using the same db file.
I hope we are able to easily migrate our database play count and history over to MM 4.