Problem with Dragon naturally speaking [#8242]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

jiri

Re: Problem with Dragon naturally speaking [#8242]

Post by jiri »

The logs indicate that the issue might already be fixed in the recent builds, please try the latest one and in case of problem create the same logs.

Thanks,
Jiri
alirezanoori

Post by alirezanoori »

Yes, it still happens.

Maybe I sent you the wrong .elf file. This file was inside the folder:
...\AppData\Roaming\EurekaLog\MEDIAM~2

Here's the log:
http://www.mediafire.com/?r90u6ayavy6yq8d

I deleted all .elf files. Made the MM crash again but no new .elf file was created. I'm using the debug version of MM.
jiri

Post by jiri »

If you don't get an option to send a crash report, what exactly does happen? Maybe a screenshot or a video would help.

As for the debug log, the latest one isn't complete, i.e. from the start of MM. Also, it indicates that you are running some script/3rd party components, have you tried to remove them?

Thanks,
Jiri
alirezanoori

Post by alirezanoori »

I'll create a video along with a full log and post it here today.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Ok, thanks. The end of the debug log indicates that a different process than MediaMonkey has a problem, namely:

00002011 20.99518585 [8300] Invalid parameter passed to C runtime function.

The [8300] is PID which is different from MM's, which is [8656]. I wonder whether this might be the cause of the problem. You could find out which process is this by looking at Windows Task Manager - Processes tab. Note that you need to enable PID column in View|Columns. Also note that the number might be different in case the application is restarted, i.e. instead of using [8300], please create a new debug and look for a line like the one above and use the number there.

I hope it's clear,
thanks,
Jiri
alirezanoori

Post by alirezanoori »

Thanks for looking more into it.

Yes, I had restarted both programs so I had to create the log again. Well turns out the process (in my case [9364]) was "natspeak.exe" - Dragon NaturallySpeaking software.

So can you fix this or I should contact the Naunce people?! (which I should say that I might never do this cause I'm not using speech recognition :D I just reported this because I love MM ;) )
jiri

Post by jiri »

I leave the issue open here, we'll try to look into it soon and in case it isn't possible to fix here, will contact their developers.

Thanks,
Jiri
alirezanoori

Post by alirezanoori »

Thank you very much.
vikshah

Post by vikshah »

I am a brand-new user of MediaMonkey 4 and have been finding it crashes when I click on a menu. After looking for answers on this forum, I can confirm that I also use Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5, and the crash only occurs when I have my user profile loaded. I was considering upgrading to Gold, but as I use Dragon all the time it's important to me that this compatibility issue is first resolved. Let me know how I can help.
jeffsstuff

Post by jeffsstuff »

I am having the same problem. I use Dragon Naturally Speaking all the time (due to disability) and, given the choice between Media Monkey and Dragon, I have no choice but Dragon. Please fix this!
Spip5

Post by Spip5 »

Same problem for me, in transcribing interviews.

If I ask Dragon team for help, I think they are going to tell me not to use MediaMonkey. But I love your software and the 5 sec bindable option is really usefull.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Does the problem still occur if you run MediaMonkey in skinless mode?

-Rusty
Homerhat

Post by Homerhat »

Did you manage to get a solution to this problem?
I am having the same issue where MediaMonkey crashes when Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 is active.
MediaMonkey works fine when Dragon NaturallySpeaking is closed. I'm using version 4.1.6.1736
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Homerhat wrote:Did you manage to get a solution to this problem?
I am having the same issue where MediaMonkey crashes when Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 is active.
MediaMonkey works fine when Dragon NaturallySpeaking is closed. I'm using version 4.1.6.1736
If you don't get a response be sure to create a log report. There is a link in my signature to reporting bugs. Then send it off to the Support section (top of web page)
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig