[1404] - Unorganized Files not working [#8177]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

MM3 monkey

[1404] - Unorganized Files not working [#8177]

Post by MM3 monkey »

I have exactly the same number of files in the Music node as I do in the Files To Edit > Unorganized Files node.

The majority of my tracks are not organized to my new mask but many are.

Steps:

Go to the Unorganized Files node.
Wait for it to read tracks (pretty quick; nice!).
Go to one of the albums listed there (I have Options > Appearance > "Show Links in File List" set to "Library". Therefore I click on an arrow in the Album column to go to the Album's node).
Select all the tracks in the album.
Ctrl+R and organize it.
Go back to the Unorganized Files node.
Wait for it to read tracks.
The album is still there.

My mask is: G:\mm\<Album Artist@2>\<Album Artist>\<Album>\$If(<Disc#>,D<Disc#>.,)$If(<Track#>,<Track#:3>~,)<Album>~<Artist>~<Title>
nynaevelan

Re: [1404] - Unorganized Files not working

Post by nynaevelan »

I only run into this problem for those files that have mixed auto-organize rules in the same node, for instance my tv and video files have different rules but all my original files (raw footage) are in the same node, so they show up as unorganized. My individualized nodes are organized as they should be.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Thanks, Nyn. I have to say I don't 100% understand, though. Well, I sort of do!
nynaevelan wrote:my tv and video files have different rules but all my original files (raw footage) are in the same node, so they show up as unorganized
But I'm guessing that these files ARE unorganized, right?

I'm just looking at my Music node - and that only contains files of Type "Music". I'm quite sure it's not working as it should. I could be doing something wrong but first I'd like someone else to tell me that it's working OK for them.

I'm guessing (cos of your OCD! ;)) that all your files are autoorganized (apart from the 'raw footage'). I'm hoping someone who hasn't yet autoorganized all their tracks could check to see if they have the same problem as me - by following the steps I took. For ease, whover you are kind person, here they are again:
MM3 monkey wrote: Go to the Unorganized Files node.
Wait for it to read tracks (pretty quick; nice!).
Go to one of the albums listed there (I have Options > Appearance > "Show Links in File List" set to "Library". Therefore I click on an arrow in the Album column to go to the Album's node).
Select all the tracks in the album.
Ctrl+R and organize it.
Go back to the Unorganized Files node.
Wait for it to read tracks.
The album is still there.
I have another node that is based on an auto-playlist and just limits the tracks to a list of Album Artists. The same thing happens here: all the tracks that show up in the main node also show up in the Unorganized node - even after I autoorganize an album or few.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

:lol: :lol: Yes the music node works for me as well as my other segmented node. The raw footage files weren't because I have yet to work on them. :lol: :lol: Of course in testing this issue for you, they were the only ones that were unorganized, so guess what I have been doing this morning?? :lol: Yep organizing them. And so far the ones I have fixed are being removed from the unauto-organized node. So I think there is something going on in your library if it is not working for you. Do you have a lot of files failing??

Nyn

MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Well I don't think I've got any other problems really. Just a few tracks with truncated lyrics and comments.

As for the unorganized tracks, it's basically all of them. I've organized maybe 500 with that latest mask but ALL my tracks appear in the Unorganized node. And when I then organize another album, it still appears in the Unorganized node.

All the tracks were previously organized in MM3, but that was using a different mask.

It's very odd.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I vaguely remember having trouble with MM4 having trouble with the organization, but I think that had to do with old mM3 masks showing up on the list. But you try what I did, close MM, open mediamonkey.ini and delete all the masks from there. Then re-opening MM4 and trying your mask again. Do you have any rules setup in the options sheet? I don't know if it makes a difference or not but I also have my rules set up in there for the different masks for the types of files, although I do not let MM do any auto-organizing. Although I do not understand why it isn't working for you, since you only have music in your library. Are you sure you are organizing using the new mask and not the old one?? Perhaps you can attach a debug log so the devs can see what is going on.

Nyn

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Ok:

I may have spoken too soon because I am having trouble with 85 of my music videos, they show up in the unautorganize node for the entire library and for their collection. I run auto-organize but they still show up. Here is a pic of the auto-organize which shows that some of them are where they are supposed to be, but they all still keep showing up.

un auto organize music video by nynaevelan1, on Flickr

Here is the debug log: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13254132/un%20a ... 0video.LOG

This is what my masks look like if that makes a difference:

auto organize masks by nynaevelan1, on Flickr

Nyn

MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

I closed MM4 and deleted all the masks in MediaMonkey.ini so it looked like this:

Code: Select all

[FileMasks]
Mask1=
Then I opened MM4 and organized an album to

G:\mm\<Album Artist@2>\<Album Artist>\<Album>\$If(<Disc#>,D<Disc#>.,)$If(<Track#>,<Track#:3>~,)<Album>~<Artist>~<Title>
(the tracks on the album were highlighted, i.e. it did actually move the tracks; it wasn't an album that had already been organized to that same mask before).

Then I went to Unorganized Files and, as before, ALL my Music library shows up in the node, including the recently organized album. I.e. the Unorganized Files node just isn't working for me.

I closed MM4 and checked MediaMonkey.ini which correctly now looked like this:

[FileMasks]
Mask1=G:\mm\%@2R\%R\%L\$If(%ZM,D%ZM.,)$If(%T,%3T~,)%L~%A~%S
Mask2=
I went to Unorganized Files again and moved another album and then went back to Unorganized Files but again the number of tracks in the node did not decrease.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Can you create a debug log so the devs can look at it?

MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

I wish someone would come in here and say whether Unorganized Files is working for them. You're having issues, Nyn, so I'm not sure why a Mantis thing hasn't been opened.

-------
Re: creating a debug log... In http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341 it says "Execute MediaMonkey_Debug.exe...".

Where is MediaMonkey_Debug.exe? I installed MediaMonkey_4.0.0.1406_Debug.exe to C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey4 but all I have in there is MediaMonkey.exe (and MediaMonkey (non-skinned).exe). How do I know if I'm launching the Debug version or the standard one?

Also, in my start menu under MediaMonkey4 I have an entry for "MediaMonkey4" but also one for "MediaMonkey". Can anyone tell me why?

Anyway, I ran C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey4\MediaMonkey.exe and attach what I hope is the right log file below.

I'm not sure I saved the right thing in DebugView. I used "Save As". I could have used "Save Log As File" or something instead.

As soon as I ran DebugView, it seemed to be logging things (i.e. before I ran MediaMonkey). Presumably I'm sending you that as well. Is that what is required?

Here's the log (I think!)... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18127789/mmlog001.LOG
MMW 4.1.9.1764|MMA 1.1.3.0482|Android 5.0|Win 8.1 64 bit
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MM3 monkey wrote:I wish someone would come in here and say whether Unorganized Files is working for them.
It is working okay for me.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

nohitter151 wrote:
MM3 monkey wrote:I wish someone would come in here and say whether Unorganized Files is working for them.
It is working okay for me.
Thanks, nohitter151. That's settled that then.

Hopefully someone can have a look at our debug logs.

It's such a simple problem (maybe hard to get to the bottom of but simple for me to make happen): look at Unorganized Files.... Organize some files.... Go back to Unorganized Files.... The files are still there.
rusty

Post by rusty »

I think I found the cause of the problem-- it's the './' at the beginning of the mask.

Tracked at: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8177

-Rusty
nynaevelan

Re: [1404] - Unorganized Files not working [#8177]

Post by nynaevelan »

Glad you found it because I use that in my video masks. :D

Nyn

MM3 monkey

Re: [1404] - Unorganized Files not working [#8177]

Post by MM3 monkey »

Thanks so much, Rusty, for dredging this one up and trying to tackle it. Good luck!

By the way, in the Mantis thread (http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8177) I think your text has been cut off or something:
Possible fixes are:
i) to fix Unorganized files so that it supports relative paths
ii) change the manner in which the masks persist within that particular dialog
This is probably