1414: Show Art with Details [#8260]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

nohitter151

Re: 1414: Show Art with Details

Post by nohitter151 »

HaraldBluetooth1963 wrote:To be sure, that no old settings were in play, I deleted the mediamonkey.ini file.
That wouldn't do anything, all column settings are saved in the registry.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
HaraldBluetooth1963

Re: 1414: Show Art with Details [#8260]

Post by HaraldBluetooth1963 »

This issue should have been fixed in 1434, but unfortunately I must report, that the issue still is present in 1436.

For your further investigation I've captured a video with jing.

Code: Select all

https://rapidshare.com/files/4199297609/MediaMonkey_AlbumArtWithDetails2011-09-26_1301.swf
The settings in Playback rules for my music collection is still:

$if(<Album>,<Album Artist>,<Artist>) and in Artview I have <Album Artist> and <Album> and in Art & Details I have Album Artist, Album, Disc#,Track#.

By the way, if I see these settings at the Playback rules tab from a new user's (and old for that matter) point of view, these settings could be a lot better. There is no explanation, that this is about sorting in the tracklist and which view(s) these settings affects + no explanation for the "Art & Details" settings + no sample is shown for the Music collection.

For your information MediaMonkey has never sorted the letters æ,ø,å,ä,ö correct. In the danish alphabet the letters æ,ø and å is placed after z.

I'm still using a windows 7 ultimate machine and the sorting issue is the same with and without scripts running....
rusty

Post by rusty »

Harald,

Re. AC/DC, I think it may be a bug in the File Monitor--is that file scanned by the file monitor? For more details, see:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8423

Re. the lack of documentation for the Playback rules, it'll come...

Re. incorrect alphabetic order, it's tracked at:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8424

Thanks!

-Rusty
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

HaraldBluetooth1963, have you checked where the monitored tracks were sorted in tracklist ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
HaraldBluetooth1963

Thanks rusty - about the AC/DC + Admiral Fallow + other Artists too:

I don't remember how I got these tracks added to the database - normally I only add/rescan files to library the manual way, because I'm a little control freak :P
Just to be sure, I deleted the AC/DC + Admiral Fallow tracks from the library and did a manual add/rescan and unfortunately this didn't solve the problem.

If you want, I could upload my MM.db to you and/or Petr (in 7z it's 23MB). If interested please tell me how and where you want it.

My problem about danish special letters is solved thanks to jiri. Although everything in my windows settings was set to danish, I changed to english and restarted and then back to danish and now MediaMonkey's sorting with danish letters is correct, but unfortunately it didn't solve the other problem with show art with details and the summary field.
Last edited by HaraldBluetooth1963 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
HaraldBluetooth1963

Thanks PetrCBR - the sorting for Artist starting with A is as follows:

10cc
12 Stones
Aerosmith
Aimee Mann
Alan Parsons
The Alan Parsons Project
Alanis Morissette
Albert King
Alejandro Escoredo
Alex Oriental Experience
America
Audioslave
Avril Lavigne
Aimee Mann (Again)
The Alan Parsons Project (Again)
The Allman Brothers Band
America (Again)
Anna Calvi
Anthony Philips
Arcade Fire
AC/DC
Admiral Fallow
Albert King; Stevie Ray Vaughan (Again)
The Allman Brothers Band (Again)
rusty

Post by rusty »

Harald,

Re. the incorrect sorting of 'normal' characters, can you PM Petr and I your DB (you can upload to mediafire, and send us the link)?

Thanks.

-Rusty

p.s. re. sorting of 'non-latin' characters (bug 8424), like Jiri, I can't replicate this issue. i.e. in Win7x64, once I change the Region and Language > Change Location > Format to Danish, and then restart MM, sorting works as expected. Any other ideas? Is anyone else experiencing incorrect sorting of non-Latin characters?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Harald,

Thanks for the db. Bug re. incorrect sorting in Art&Details view is posted at:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8471

-Rusty
HaraldBluetooth1963

Thanks a lot guys for fixing this bug. It seems correct now. :D

Out of curiosity, what was wrong. When I change genre or refresh, I can still see the old wrong sorting, but only in a split second and afterwards it's correct again :P
imw8ing

Post by imw8ing »

Just my two cents on sort order.
Which ever node I choose: entire library, music, classical music, etc
I want to see the album artwork (book cover/movie poster) in the first column, then sort by album artist (multiple artists is "Various" of course), then by album original release date, then by album title, with tracks in proper order, by default.

If the album artist (author/director/conductor) is the name of a person, I want it to be sorted by their last name.
If the album artist is a band/orchestra, even if the band name appears to be person's name (jethro tull, alice cooper, uriah heep) then I want the sort to be by the first letter of the band's name. Like they do in the record store. UNLESS, the band's name incorporates the leaders name (Dave Matthews Band/Steve Miller Band, etc). This usually means playing with the sort order tags.

For books, it would be like searching a public library on line. If the author has released a series, I want to be able to group the series together.

While alphabetizing by work title may appeal to some, its important for me to see the growth/evolution of the album artist/author/director.

What I'm planning to use the custom fields for? To rate the integrity of the sound, so that I'm conscious of whether or not I have re-engineered crap with the loudness boosted outside of what the original artist/producer/engineer intended.