1421 MM never goes to next track, repeats few seconds [#8178

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

alystair

1421 MM never goes to next track, repeats few seconds [#8178

Post by alystair »

Having a very unusual issue, been happening at least in the last 4-5 versions? No matter what output plugin I use, sometimes MediaMonkey will not continue to the next track and instead repeat the last couple of seconds in the current track infinitely until a user intervenes.

* UI is TOTALLY responsive
* Time remaining on track continues to increment as if track is longer than it actually is
* Last Played date does NOT change at all. Thus I'm assuming scrobbling is also broken.
* Sometimes instead of repeating the last few seconds playback stops entirely after track is played, even though auto-dj is enabled and there are more tracks in the listing. Again UI is totally responsive and it's as if nothing wrong has happened (other than lack of progression to next track).

Stipulations:
I am remotely connecting into the computer that is running MM, however audio is not being redirected, so I don't think it is a factor at all.

No idea how to reproduce this one guys, once it starts happening I need to relaunch MM to get it working again, very annoying.
Lowlander

Re: [1421] MM never goes to next track, repeats few seconds

Post by Lowlander »

As usual sending a debug log to support would be useful: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
codo

Post by codo »

Just like to add that I'm having the same issue. Keep having to skip to the next song on a list manually, or single selected track loops indefinitely.
rusty

Post by rusty »

This should have been resolved with in build 1423, bug 8178.

Please confirm, or let us know if you're still experiencing it.

Thanks!

-Rusty
alystair

Re: 1421 MM never goes to next track, repeats few seconds [#

Post by alystair »

Still happening in 1424. What should I be doing? Last few seconds keep repeating infinitely until user interacts with media player. Time still increases. I forgot about it one night and had a single track repeating in silence for 24 minutes :o
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Sounds to me like issue:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=4332
If it is the case then it unfortunatelly isn't solvable as it lies in WM layer.

I have reproduce this just on a few tracks in my library, is this also your case?
alystair

Post by alystair »

No, simply exiting and re-opening MM solves it for me, as soon as it starts happening with EVERY track this until I reopen MM. I'll see if this also happens with non-mp3 formats to help further debug...
dbw

Post by dbw »

It happens for me as well on every track. It started in 1421 and has continued through 1424. It was not present before, and if I go back to earlier versions, it stops. It makes the newer version unusable for me. Hope the next release fixes it.
alystair

Post by alystair »

Anyone else that has this bug happen use Remote Desktop Connection at all?
dbw

Post by dbw »

I am having the issue with 1426 also. It worked fine for 3 tracks and then starts again.

Post by Guest »

I have the same issue. Whenever i play at the same time a game in full screen modus the current song is play until the end. Then the counter for the payback time continues counting. If I choose a new sond or the same song again, the last few seconds of the first song will played again.
After some clicks MM crashed with "access valiodation at ..."

Post by Guest »

I have the same issue since 1415. When I go back to 1415 the issue disappear.
It occurs whenever i play at the same time a game in full screen modus. It is not a special song, i ca choose every song of my db. The current song is play until the end and then the counter for the payback time continues counting. If I choose a new song or the same song again, the last few seconds of the first song will played again.
After some clicks MM crashed with "access valiodation at ..."
codo

Post by codo »

Just installed 1426, debug version this time so I could submit a report, but for the first time since I've been trying the beta a track actually ended correctly. Going to keep playing and see what happens.

edit: sure enough, fired up diablo 2 and the next track began looping as it ended. I'm gonna do some further testing because its happened to me before when not playing any games.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi Codo,

If you can trigger the bug, please PM me a debug log--build 1426 seems to have resolved the issue for most other people.

Thank you.

-Rusty
alystair

Post by alystair »

I'm still experiencing it in 1426