Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Darmst

[1459] Microplayer not showing up

Post by Darmst »

The microplayer is not showing up after upgrading to 1459 from 1450
I've tried restarting and re enable the setting in the taskbar

EDIT: wrong version number
Last edited by Darmst on Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Microplayer

Re: [1459] Microplayer not showing up

Post by Microplayer »

In case...if you install it as "Portable", then it meant to be like that. Since Microplayer require to write registry which make the word "Portable" less true so they decide to be like that.

Else, then your right, it a bug.
salguod

Post by salguod »

Also 1459 on Vista and cannot get the micro player to appear. Verified the setting in MM4 and that the MM tool bar is enabled in Vista. Did not instal as portable.
crcm

Post by crcm »

Not showing here too. Regular installation. And it also removes tray icon. I have to disable toolbar option to see tray icon again. Windows 7 64bit.
crcm
Jerking monkey since 2005 - FINNISH Translator
MM4.X | Win7 enterprise sp1 | SPDIF earsex | Denon sushi | AKG hearing aid | Lumia 820 color blindness OR Samsung Galactical Voodoo magic
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You'll need to enable it by right clicking on the Task Bar and enabling it under Toolbars. And it doesn't work for Portable Installs as it requires changing files on the host.
crcm

Post by crcm »

Yes I know how to enable it. I have been using it in MM3 for ages. It just won't work!
In Options I have tray icon always on.

No taskbar icon, no tray icon and no microplayer:
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/15/nomicro.jpg

Yes..Mediamonkey is ON.
And i have to disable "toolbars > mediamonkey player" to see trayicon again.
crcm
MM4.X | Win7 enterprise sp1 | SPDIF earsex | Denon sushi | AKG hearing aid | Lumia 820 color blindness OR Samsung Galactical Voodoo magic
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

crcm wrote: And i have to disable "toolbars > mediamonkey player" to see trayicon again.
That is expected behavior, the tray icon hides if the Microplayer is enabled because you can right-click the Microplayer to get the same right-click options on the tray icon.

However, the missing micro player is unexpected, I'm using the current build with Win 7 64 bit and the microplayer shows fine. I'm not sure the best way to test this further unfortunately...
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
salguod

Post by salguod »

I downloaded 4.0.0.1459 and tried it on another PC running Windows7 Professional 64 bit with the same results.
  • I did not install as portable, I have set the options to minimize to the microplayer and the MM toolbar is enabled.
  • When minimized, there is no toolbar and no tray icon.
  • If the MM toolbar is turned off, the tray icon appears
  • I tried locking and unlocking the taskbar and placing the taskbar on the bottom and the right (right is my preference), no change
  • With the taskbar unlocked, a toolbar divider / handle appears between the program buttons (in win7, have not verified in Vista), but it cannot me dragged or moved.
Has this been sent in as a bug to the help desk by the OP? How can I tell?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

salguod wrote: Has this been sent in as a bug to the help desk by the OP? How can I tell?
No, I haven't reported it because the steps to reproduce are still unclear. A clean installation still shows the microplayer after install for me.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
salguod

Post by salguod »

I've installed twice on two systems with different OS and it happened twice.

By 'clean install' do you mean no MM present on the system prior to install? Both times I had the latest version of MM3 on the system prior to installing MM4.
salguod

Post by salguod »

Well, I fixed it on my Win7 machine. I completely uninstalled MM4. I had to go into the program files folder and manually delete the Media Monkey folder and a few files left behind. Then I reinstalled MM4 fresh, set the option to use the Micro Player and activated the MM toolbar. Unfortunately, when I activated it it made my taskbar half as wide as my screen and jumbled the heck out of my desktop. Minor inconvenience ,I guess, m now the micro player works. The buttons are a bit goofy, bunched together and not as clean as the old player, but it'll work.
crcm

Post by crcm »

Wohoo it's working now. Deleted some old MM3 files and cleaned registry with ccleaner and registry mechanic.
crcm
salguod

Post by salguod »

Can you elaborate on what files / registry entries you deleted?
crcm

Post by crcm »

Sadly no. Ccleaner did the most of the work and it doesn't keep log. But strangely I couldn't remove my old renamed MM3 folder (from program files) until I rebooted machine. So there could be a link between old MM3 files and "fresh" MM4 install.
crcm
GreenOnyx

Post by GreenOnyx »

Is there still not a fix for this other than a complete wipe and reinstall? I just upgraded to 4.0.1.1461 and am having this exact issue.

One thing to note is that when I'm not in micro mode if I disable and re-enable the toolbar I can see that it creates an empty toolbar and allows me to resize it. When I change to microplayer the toolbar vanishes though and I'm back where everyone else is, no systray icon, no microplayer displayed.

Not to get off topic but a couple side thoughts that are very noticeable because of this bug:
"Always Show Tray Icon" should mean "Always". It's extremely confusing that "Always" means "Always, except in MicroPlayer Mode". Especially when bugs pop up and you're trying to help troubleshoot.

I'm not sure why there isn't a "Minimize to systray" in the minimization settings. The only way I've found to do this is double click the systray icon, which I shouldn't have to do when inside the application. Hopefully I'm just missing an option...

**EDIT: After uninstalling MM 4, deleting all registry entries containing MediaMonkey, rebooting, and installing the latest MM 4 beta, MicroPlayer seems to be showing up now.