ram abuse at gain-scan on videos [build 1616]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

dr_snuggles

ram abuse at gain-scan on videos [build 1616]

Post by dr_snuggles »

cheers folks,

on gain scan on videofiles mediamonkey will not free ram of the decoded/processed files.

reproduction steps:

1. open mm
2. open taskmgr.exe
3. in mm rg-analyse some (10 musicclips,...,suggesting not more than 1 movie) videofiles
4. switch to taskmanager and keep an eye on the used ram which wont get released when rg-scan is finished.
(5. feel free to try what happens if u rg-scan lots of files)

capture: http://tinyurl.com/RamAbuseCapture

system info:

hardware: toshiba satellite notebook, intel core i5, 2,3 ghz, 4gb ddr3 ram, gforce 315m
mm: v 4.1 build 1614 & 1616

i would suggest to split the ram usage analog compared to rg-scanning audiofiles, where the decoder.exe thread allocates the memory here the vhelper should allocate it.
and imo it would be smarter for videofiles not to run more than 1 thread at a time, a) better for hd-lifetime and b) videofiles tend to be larger and therefor the decoded audio... 2 longer movies and bamm, theres the error msg.

greets =)
rovingcowboy

Re: ram abuse at gain-scan on videos [build 1616]

Post by rovingcowboy »

Dont know how they will need to code mm, but in meantime till they get monkey fixed. There is a program you could try that is to keep programs use of ram under control its maxmem and is found at analogx.com its free. From your detailed messagenyou sound like a programmer so i guess you have maxed out your ram to the mb limit, as win 7 has not limit for use of ram. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
dr_snuggles

Post by dr_snuggles »

heya :wink:

im not a programmer yet, just interested in possibibilities =)
yeah one could use memory tools for that meanwhile, i wonder if mm then can decode+scan audio of a 3 hour movie without problems^^
in the end if the light in your fridge is broken u wouldnt use a lamp there, u would repair the root error.
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

I'd more likely use a flash light till i got tired of juggling it and the food, then i'd get a lamp set on counter on other side of kitchen. When its bulb blew out i'd have to break down and buy 2 bulbs,. :lol:

I'm a broke cheap redneck, :roll:

Rovingcowboy / keith hall / monkey hi fi
vEmpires

Post by vEmpires »

It's a problem for many times, still have not satisfied solution for "ram abuse at gain-scan on videos"

========================================================
ayesha somaya summer lawn 2014
Last edited by vEmpires on Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

This issue was fixed in build 1623.