'Find more from same composer' issue

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

joolz

'Find more from same composer' issue

Post by joolz »

Searched the forum topic for 'composer' but couldn't find this listed. I'm using Vista and latest MMW loaded 2 days ago.

I scanned in a load of new mp3s yesterday. Noticed today that right clicking on one and selecting 'Find more from same composer' doesn't always work. I've narrowed this down and it seems that it will work if that composer is in my library already, but not if it is a 'new' composer.

Eg I have 'Franz Liszt (1811-1886)' in my composer list already and a new track loaded yesterday just has composer = 'Franz Liszt'.

Normally:
I am in 'location' (node?), folder aaa. In order to make the composers consistent, I'd usually right click on the 'Franz Liszt' track and 'find more from the same composer'. 'Franz Liszt (1811-1886)' would be right below 'Franz Liszt' in the composers list and I'd copy the former to the latter, all done.

Now:
I am in 'location' (node?), folder aaa. I right click on the 'Franz Liszt' track and 'find more from the same composer', but it doesn't go to the composers list, it stays in the same place and just shows the one 'Franz Liszt' track in folder aaa. MMW seems to think it is showing me the composer list as the path under the menus says Music/Composer/Franz Liszt, as if it is in the composer ist.
When I browse the composer list 'Franz Liszt' is not there, even though it's in the mp3 tag.

Other info:
If I re-add the tracks it doesn't fix it.
If I change 'Franz Liszt' to 'Franz Liszt (1811-1886)' in the mp3 tag manually then I can right click and get to the composer list for 'Franz Liszt (1811-1886)' ok.
If I do an entire library search for 'Franz Liszt' it brings up all 'Franz Liszt (1811-1886)' tracks plus the 'Franz Liszt' composer track.

I can try and make a film if I've not written this clearly enough.

Still great software!

joolz
Lowlander

Re: 'Find more from same composer' issue

Post by Lowlander »

Is it maybe in a different Collection?
joolz

Post by joolz »

Lowlander wrote:Is it maybe in a different Collection?
Will check and report back when home, but pretty sure both are genre 'classical' so they should both be in the same collection. With classical I normally set the genre before the composer as the latter is more fiddly. Same happened with newly loaded Schubert and Faure mp3s on the same album and in the same location, but will also look at other genres and cross check with collections and report back.

Thanx.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which build of MMW are you using? If you can reproduce you should capture it in a debug log (step 4b) and send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341