1672: ios7 sync issue updating properties

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Taronyx

1672: ios7 sync issue updating properties

Post by Taronyx »

Windows 8.1 system with latest Itunes. When I update the rating on the phone the change is not synched back to the file on the computer. Also, when I update the album art on the PC, the change is not synched to the iphone. THis is an iphone 5 not jailbroken.
Taronyx

Re: 1672: ios7 sync issue updating properties

Post by Taronyx »

I actually don't know if this is because the songs are part of an autoplaylist or not. I sync all new music to the device with 3 stars, then as I listen to them, I either move them up and they stay on the phone as part of another autoplaylist, or I decrease to two stars so they will be removed from the phone (as they don't fit the criteria for the autoplaylist anymore), but the rating is not getting updated on the PC from the phone. Same goes for the artwork...if I update it on the PC, it doesn't sync to the phone. If I delete all the music off the phone, then the artwork is updated with the new file.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, updated Rating is synced fine here (iTouch 5, iOS 7.0.4), I need to just either re-connect the device or perform another auto-sync, and the change is immediatelly reflected in MM.

If it doesn't work for you, then catching this in debug log (item 4b here http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341 ) might shed light on this.
Also ensure that you are watching the same track in MM (to exclude test error)
Taronyx

Post by Taronyx »

Thanks Ludek,

Is the track part of an autoplaylist that you are testing with?
Taronyx

Post by Taronyx »

Also, is the album art updating from the PC to the iphone?
jcoons72

Post by jcoons72 »

Okay, it appears the rating from iphone --> PC is working correctly. However the album art update is not. If I have the file as part of the autoplaylist and sync the phone after updating the art on the PC, MediaMonkey does recopy the file to the phone, but the artwork still doesn't show up. If I manually send the file to the phone via the "Send to iphone" feature, it does update the artwork.

Does anyone else see this behavior?
jcoons72

Re: 1681: ios7 sync issue updating properties

Post by jcoons72 »

Artwork change is still an issue in 1681.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, you seem to be true, tracked the issue as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11607
jcoons72

1681: Adding Lyrics does not resync

Post by jcoons72 »

Similar to the adding album art issue, when you add lyrics to a song, it does not resync to the iphone. I don't know if this is by design or not. These songs are not part of an autoplaylist, just a synced album. I can workaround the issue by manually syncing the songs to the iphone using the "Send to iphone" feature.

Thanks for all you do!

Jim